Weird Error Message (Only Leave vehicle in Position P)

A bit of double-side sticky foam tape might do a better job, or blue tac which can be incredibly strong if left to settle for a few months but you still able to release the item later if required blue tac holds at least three items on to my car.  Held some hi-fi speakers to some very heavy ballasted speaker stands too.

• 3 months later...
On 15/08/2022 at 21:52, Conalk45 said:

Quick update. The fault was repaired today they did not replace the entire selector. They used the switch repair kit - invoice read £125 for parts. 

bad news… they broke a clip completing the repair 🙈😡

E513DC97-A14D-4361-9F89-26FB13FA57CA.jpeg

I watched a you- tube video recently where super glue and cigarette ash were used to form a replacement hinge or latch.

• 1 month later...

I just posted on another thread.  Same problem with Error Workshop etc.  No fault could be found so they cannot fixed under my extended warranty.  Can anyone tell me if this will became a major problem if I do nothing.  They have told me to come back when it happens again, leaving the ignition switched on so they can see the code.  They also told me they have other customers with the same problem and not to believe all I read on forums!!!

Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

Yes it is quite correct not to believe all you read on forums but unfortunately it's very true not to always believe all that you are told by the motor trade.

It's perfectly possible to have faults without fault codes, I can understand that a garage will want to confirm what the fault actually is but they should also take into account any information you give them and it appears to be a known problem to them if other customers have reported the same message to them.

Have a look at this thread particularly the following posts on this thread.-

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/505730-weird-error-message-only-leave-vehicle-in-position-p/?do=findComment&comment=5683796

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/505730-weird-error-message-only-leave-vehicle-in-position-p/?do=findComment&comment=5685526

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/505730-weird-error-message-only-leave-vehicle-in-position-p/?do=findComment&comment=5678753

HTH

Edited by nta16
changed to unembedded link addresses

58 minutes ago, freeb1rd said:

No fault could be found so they cannot fixed under my extended warranty......and not to believe all I read on forums!!!

Mrs Gaz's Polo was fixed under warranty (26/07/2018).  This is a very well known and documented issue.  Useful other reading here:

In particular the post by Atenza, 15 May 2020 (page 13) 'Compliance Recall 37M2'. Part no. 5Q0-713-128-A  and TPI 2056031/6 may also be relevant (possibly superseded).

Gaz

2060686.3 - Fault Workshop! Leave vehicle only in position P.pdf

Edited by Gaz
Added a PDF

Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

40 minutes ago, Gaz said:

In particular the post by Atenza, 15 May 2020 (page 13) 'Compliance Recall 37M2'. Part no. 5Q0-713-128-A  and TPI 2056031/6 may also be relevant.

Below, direct link to post* and its pdf.

ETA: click on the top part of link below, with the circled A and 15 May, 2020 or - https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/426096-error-service-leave-vehicle-only-when-selector-in-position-p/?do=findComment&comment=5399919

RCRIT-19V615-0044 (1).pdf

HTH

Edited by nta16
ETA:

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...