skoda fabia vrs 1.9 tdi stopped while driving

Hello, i have a Skoda Fabia VRS mk2 1.9 tdi, 2007, it has 116k miles, timming belt has been done at 115k with the oil change and service.

I was driving the car up on the hill, and on second gear arround 2000rpm the engine stopped, i tryed to start it again but nothing happend, i can mention that after i needed someone to tow me. Aftrr 2 hours of stand-by i tryed to start it and it started for 2 seconds after died again, it will start again after 3/4 hours of not moving. I putt a tester on it but no errors showed on the screen.

Can someone give me some ideas please, i have the car for 2 months and i don't know quite the history of the car.

Thank you in advance.

At a basic guess you might be able to check all the earthing points, starting with the most basic.

A break in a fuse that "closes" when cooler, so worth checking those out in the engine bay where it's toasty.

Not a mechanic, but these are some of the nice free/cheap things you can check.

Edited by varooom

i checked all the fuses and are in perfect condition, i checked them if they have voltage with the contact on and they do have, i have to metion that i can hear the fuel pump from the tank  is making a squeeq noise when i putt the contact on, i have checked the fuel filter and it does came fuel ehen you putt the contact.

How i said up on the first post, i have the car for 2 months, and i am new into the fabia's. now i know that i don't have a vrs, and i know that i should have the engine of pd130, if i am not wrong.

the problem with the car now, is it that it does start once at 3/4 hours, but it hold the running for 1 second after, it cuts out, the starter is trying to rotate but acts like no fuel, and i have to mention that i have half of tank, fuel pump sounds like is working.

and in that case, tomorrow morning i'l try to take the baterry off, and leave it like that for 20/30 minutes and connect it back, i know that could solve the problem

Sorry  was going to say the belt was changed but not done correctly and camshaft wheel was slack and slipped knocking the tdi sesor out of position, you can try this,  if you look down the front of the engine after taking the engine cover off theres a connection right between the fuel pipes resting on the lip of the head, dissconect this and see if the car starts and runs if it does you will need to check the adjustable camshaft wheel to see if the bolts are in the centre or have slipped to the reat of the adjustment slot as this can cause this issue, t this sometimes happens after a belt has been changed as some eople slacken these bolts to get the belt to line up but don't tighten them back up enough it's worth a try just to dissconnect the plug to see if it starts

So, I had a look at the camshaft pulley bolts, they have not moved the position, I had the battery off all day, when I putt it back on the car, the car started for 3/4 seconds and after died again.

we had similar with a 1.4tdi mk2 died whilst driving and then not restarting, although we also had all dash lights going out at same time. Trying to restart failed due to immobiliser, and i eventually solved by resoldering some connections inside dash - been fine since for last 18months.

saga here:

• Like 1