Rear seat pull catch broken

okmate

I have an issue with the rear seat of my sons fabia mk1,directly behind the drivers seat the tab in the seat upright that enables the rear seats to go down has snapped, any ideas as to if this can be replaced ?

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

@DieselMonte do you still have the remnants of your old Fabia seats?

I do and the drivers side handle MIGHT be OK, the passengers handle I'm fairly sure I snapped off by accident.

You'll laugh but the sport seats I got ALSO have a broken handle on them, been using a screwdriver to release that seat. Bust on the passengers side again.

Does anyone know if the handles are side specific?

I'll try remember to check my old seats next day I'm out. If I can get it off I'll send it to OP no bother.

As above, if you have the part number the dealership will be cheap as chips for this stuff. Had great success getting odd to find bits from the dealers for a lot less than I thought they'd be.

2 minutes ago, DieselMonte said:

As above, if you have the part number the dealership will be cheap as chips for this stuff. Had great success getting odd to find bits from the dealers for a lot less than I thought they'd be.

Be grateful the OP isn't near Ingram Skoda then... they're the reason I came to you for the headrest guide tube things. :D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Be grateful the OP isn't near Ingram Skoda then... they're the reason I came to you for the headrest guide tube things. :D

Did they not stock them or something?

The only time I had a problem getting a weird part was ordering the cable ends, they only sold them attached to stuff so it would be 100 euro (talk sake) for a 5 euro cable end. Just tiger sealed mine up and carried on.

The rest of the stuff, boot bump stops, vrs intakes, even that bit of the shifter I changed, not a problem, very cheap and came in pretty quick.

• Like 1

Just now, DieselMonte said:

Did they not stock them or something?

Guy in parts refused to tell me anything nor would he give me a part number (although he did at a separate time). I tend to avoid them as a dealers now, that and a previous issue with them has soured my opinion. Anyway, I reckon most dealers should be happy to help though.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, StevesTruck said:

Come to think of it, it's fairly easy to swap a seat cloth, they're just hooked in. 

Having removed the seat covers from the front seats of a MkI Fabia to recover the heating elements, I hope the rear covers aren't as much of an absolute pig of a job.

I was going to swap the elements into Polo seats but never got round to it.

Just now, DieselMonte said:

Been lucky I suppose my local ones been very patient putting up with me then :D

Mine were OK as well but my car had a fair few Briskoda stickers on it and one of the staff was more than aware of this site 😂

10 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Guy in parts refused to tell me anything nor would he give me a part number (although he did at a separate time). I tend to avoid them as a dealers now, that and a previous issue with them has soured my opinion. Anyway, I reckon most dealers should be happy to help though.

Skoda dealers used to be very helpful back when they were small family businesses before VAG swallowed them up. I was on first-name terms with the parts guy at my dealer. If he couldn't get me something new he would rummage around to see if he had a used part. Even got a gearbox off him once.

Edited by TMB
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, okmate said:

£15 delivery for a £1.52 part surely  theres a uk shop

You asked where we purchased them from - I just told the truth 😂

Seriously, though, I was buying a whole load of parts at the time, so the delivery was no more than a UK based retailer, and they arrived next day.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DieselMonte said:

I do and the drivers side handle MIGHT be OK, the passengers handle I'm fairly sure I snapped off by accident.

You'll laugh but the sport seats I got ALSO have a broken handle on them, been using a screwdriver to release that seat. Bust on the passengers side again.

Does anyone know if the handles are side specific?

I'll try remember to check my old seats next day I'm out. If I can get it off I'll send it to OP no bother.

I bought both sides, when I ordered mine - figuring if one side had broke, the other would probably follow suit soon after. 

They did look different, but I put the "wrong" one in first and ended up spending half an hour trying to get it back out without breaking it, because it didn't operate properly.

Lesson learned......

47 minutes ago, Owainsdad said:

You asked where we purchased them from - I just told the truth 😂

Seriously, though, I was buying a whole load of parts at the time, so the delivery was no more than a UK based retailer, and they arrived next day.

The solution, quite clearly, is to buy a **** ton of stuff from the site and it takes the sting off postage. Say, buying one of the underseat boxes or something. 

Alternatively, get a friend or relative in an EU country to break up postage costs a bit.

• Like 1