Is there a way to see what options my Citigo have? and a few other questions

Kobayashi_

I have a 2014 Black edition 3 door, and am wondering what features it comes with. It's my first car and reading the manual that came with it is telling me about things that don't come included and it's getting frustrating when I am looking to try something out and it's not there.

For example, the most recent thing is the MFA display. I wanted to get the MPG readout, but my stalks don't have the required buttons. All I get is total milage, trip milage, time and outside temperature. I also thought all black editions came with a PID but mine did not come with one. It's not the end of the world as I'd only use it for MPG, I borrowed one from the dealer and I was not overly impressed with it. I'm not grumbling because its a relatively clean car for its age, low milage and I got it for a very good price (it's a CAT N, fully repaired).

Is there a way to see what options came with the car when new? All I have is a manual

is it possible to get a MPG readout without the PID? I thought I cracked it when I saw the MFA section in the manual but no. some sort of OBD port and app on phone maybe?

Is it possible to have windows roll up when turning off the car?

Could I change the window buttons so I can control the passenger side window from drivers side?

Any benefits to using premium fuel? Fuel cap says Super Unleaded but I've only been using regular fuel

Many thanks

1 hour ago, Kobayashi_ said:

Is there a way to see what options came with the car when new?

There should be a large dot-matrix printed sticker in the boot, and/or owner's manual and/or service manual. There's a reason why this is called the "options sticker" or "specification sticker".

3 hours ago, Kobayashi_ said:

Is there a way to see what options came with the car when new? All I have is a manual

There's an ebay seller who can send you all your build codes for about 3 Euros.

Search "skoda factory options decoder" to find the listing.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 28/08/2022 at 12:39, KenONeill said:

There should be a large dot-matrix printed sticker in the boot, and/or owner's manual and/or service manual. There's a reason why this is called the "options sticker" or "specification sticker".

Located in the spare wheel well. 

Example below. 

Citigo_VIN_20180909.jpg

2 hours ago, Snaefell said:

Located in the spare wheel well. 

Example below. 

Citigo_VIN_20180909.jpg

The springs are one weight range higher (slightly stiffer) on Citigos with 15" or 16" wheels compared to Citigos with 14" wheels.

gknautomotive's online coil spring catalogue shows that 6R0411105T and 1S0511115AK springs are not used on Citigos that leave the factory with 14" wheels. Build code H9Y and CW7 confirms this.

6R0411105T

Front coil spring
2 green paint marks
2 blue paint marks
G01,G02,G06,G10+L03

1S0511115AK

Rear coil spring
1 yellow paint mark
2 orange paint marks
3 green paint marks
1JA+0YC

H9Y = Tyres 185/55R15