Is there a way to look-up which option came factory-installed with the car?

rcd

I have a Octavia 2.0 TDI from 2015. It has a lot of options, including adaptive cruise control, lane assist, and such.  I want to put it up for sale and want to make sure I list all options, but I didn't have the car from new, so I'm not sure about all the options.  Is there a way to look this up somewhere somehow?   

(Sorry if this is a common question, I search a lot but didn't find the answer I was looking for.)

I just tried Nige's link out of curiosity, and at a glance the only difference to what a Skoda dealer emailed me is that this has a production date where the dealer version only had a delivery date.

Quite a significant difference in this case, made on 16/11/04, delivered 01/03/05.

PDF link was sent within half an hour of purchase. :thumbup:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Just go to the Skoda website, open up a chat and ask on there - you'll need your VIN No but it worked for me

Did they send a PDF?

Or just spat out a long list?

Handy tip, and might save trip to dealers (as service varies a lot!)

1 minute ago, varooom said:

Did they send a PDF?

Or just spat out a long list?

Handy tip, and might save trip to dealers (as service varies a lot!)

Just spat out a list as far as I can remember so I screen shot the chat and made my own record.

• Thanks 1

Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

"Build date" -

On 14/09/2022 at 18:36, nige8021 said:

I used this guy https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224631127243 results were very fast and more in depth than the build sheets I got from my local stealership 

Thanks.  For the small cost I thought I'd buy the info.  Service was very good I'd say allowing for the sales system communication delays the return was just about instant.  With all the codes perhaps a good number of questions rise from the info but I'm sure those can be decoded too.

One of the things I was curious about was the build date as I thought l pretty much already had this and unless there was some critical time build/production divide for parts/components/ factory software it'd be near enough.  My reasoning was the car does existing without the computers and the computers need the programs installed (whatever it's called) for them or the car to existing (do we exist without a computer's say so).

On an OBDeleven vehicle history log report from a scan, done by someone else on their machine and not by me with any machine, there was coding dates at 27-5-15 for programing type stuff and as I knew the car was first (UK) registered on 30/9/15 I thought it was reasonable for build date to be 27-5-15 or near enough.  The car data report I got from the eBay seller had  "Date of Production 28.05.2015".

Perhaps it was just a coincidence, wrong assumption or interpretation of the information by me as I'm certainly no expert in car production, computers or their programing but it might be a way of working out production date if the date isn't too critical.

Back in the old days I've twice had to pay additional "road tax" (RFL) because the production dates were 1 day and possibly 4 days out of "the grace period" back when build dates were logged in books and a lot less reliable certainty and accuracy of the information.  Another time at change of how the rates were calculated I went into a large range of increased tax by 6cc.

Edited by nta16

On 14/09/2022 at 11:05, varooom said:

erWin Skoda but this costs money, but the simple advice I give is to walk into Skoda dealers, they will often print out your PR Code list for free.

I ended up calling the dealer that sold the car first time. Their sales team was very helpful providing a PDF with all the car data and options. 

As I suspected I actually learned a couple of things I never knew, like the car has "telescopic front headlight washers" and that the mat in the boot has a rubberized underside so it can be flipped over and used if you need to transport messy or wet things. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1