MFSW with Heating & Gear Shift Paddles Retrofitting to a late 2018 Skoda Superb III DSG Estate)

mazzy960

Dear Experienced Users/Members,

I have gota 2018 (October 2018) skoda superb 2.0 TDI SE L Executive  Euro 6 S/S (Estate).

Originally it came with a non-paddle shift MF steering wheel?

Now, I bought a Skoda Octavia VRS (MY2020?) MFSW with heating and ACC and Cruise control buttons? I want to retrofit it to my Skoda Superb?

I have read it somewhere here in this forum that my Car needs to have the Same Can Gateway? Hoping that this is not the case in my case as the info I read was related to an earlier Model of the Skoda Superb.

I am attaching the old (or currently fitted) MF Steering whel photo here as well as the New One that I am intending to retrofit to my skoda superb.

I am sure that I can do the Physical fitting (i.e. Swapping them over) .

1) I would like to find out if the intended steering wheel buttons can all be activated on my car? If not what kind of other parts or modifications that I need to buy and do?

2) What kind of VCDS coding needed for the retrofit?

3) I am not sure about the wiring harnesses if they are compatible? The Skoda Octavia Steering wheel that I bought is coming from Germany? So might be different wiring harnesses? Or additional harnesse/s need to be bought?

I need help from those experiened users  or from those who have done the similar retrofitting in the past?

I am sorry to let you know that I am complete Nwbie? Hence I need as much help as possible?

I would like to thank you all of you in advance who reads this post and trying to answer this query.

With my Best regards

350986088_Fullphotoofthesteeringwheelconversion.thumb.png.2196a08305a12ef71a29f595103b7158.png350986088_Fullphotoofthesteeringwheelconversion.thumb.png.2196a08305a12ef71a29f595103b7158.png

• 2 weeks later...

Not at all compatible without changing the gateway, steering squib, bcm, new wiring for the heated part and some custom coding and new wires for the heated wheel.

this steering wheel is for the new gen of mqb platform and can’t be fitted without a lot of other chances or a custom made bus decoder and recoder to sort the different signals  

Hi There, 

thanks for the reply and useful information. Even though my car has been built MQB platform; I will take your word for it and forget my desire for the new steering wheel then.

with my best regards

maz 

• 1 month later...

Thanks ChrisCh,

I am still looking for a reasonably priced airbag for the steering wheel I bought? 
I need an airbag with an OEM no: 5E 880 201K IZY? There are a few available on the website but the prices a bit salty?

Regards

Maz 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 26/12/2022 at 10:29, nodrac said:

hello I have a superb 2018 and I made the modification you just need a link box for the buttons otherwise everything is functional

here https://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/radio-adapter-can-bus-decoder-22/canbus-adapter-reduction-for-steering-wheel-2/

ffc87310.jpg

Can you elaborate a bit on this? Also I do see yours has a lank button on the top right. I'm researching this upgrade for my superb but I see more and more ways it can go wrong...

• Like 1