infotainment update

pol77

45 minutes ago, JohnSteedOfSweden said:

Could I humbly ask for the link as well, please?

Thank you

Can you please verify your Software Train, as there's

MHI2_ER_SKG11_K3343_1433.7z

or

MHI2_ER_SKG13_P4526_1440.7z

for the download choices

10 minutes ago, varooom said:

Can you please verify your Software Train, as there's

MHI2_ER_SKG11_K3343_1433.7z

or

MHI2_ER_SKG13_P4526_1440.7z

for the download choices

MHI2_ER_SKG13_P4518
SW MU 12401291682772_2023-06-0718_47_59.thumb.jpg.c3af934c14650678f3ab2b020ad849b5.jpg

• Like 1

HI Ive got 
installed SW train version:  MH12_ER_SKG13_P4523_1
INSTALLED SW MU VERSION: 1382
Part number: 565035019D

Where can i find the latest update for it

7 hours ago, twoeyes said:

HI Ive got 
installed SW train version:  MH12_ER_SKG13_P4523_1
INSTALLED SW MU VERSION: 1382
Part number: 565035019D

Where can i find the latest update for it

I can send you an update by Private Message shortly

Tried to update my satnav maps today via SD card,  Kodiaq Oct 2018, after a little swirling system says no data available . Reread instructions and am puzzled by Skoda instructions, open downloaded folder and extract first file to SD card then remove card from computer and put in SD slot in car. Is this just poor translation or am I just a bit thick?

8 minutes ago, Kod said:

Tried to update my satnav maps today via SD card,  Kodiaq Oct 2018, after a little swirling system says no data available . Reread instructions and am puzzled by Skoda instructions, open downloaded folder and extract first file to SD card then remove card from computer and put in SD slot in car. Is this just poor translation or am I just a bit thick?

You need to let us know system details, press and hold the Menu / Setup button for 10 seconds to find out the Software Train from the car

It will let us know if you are loading Amundsen/Columbus maps.

18 minutes ago, Kod said:

Sorry, photo isn’t the best , 

MH12_ER_SKG13_P4520

565035021C

SW Train MHI2_ER_SKG13_P4526

MU 1440

This firmware exists, AFAIK these are what some call MIB2.5, and should be a Columbus unit (I could be wrong, I am not a hardware expert)

As for maps, you should be able to load these from any SD Card, do you have an image of the files/folders on your card?

p.s. Sorry for delay

Just now, Kod said:

This is what I have on the card.

IMG_0674.thumb.jpeg.cc2282cc295d7399430106e5fde91f65.jpeg

That folder called "MAP Updates" should not exist on the drive, so take those 3 items (2 folders and the file called metainfo2.txt, and move to the very root of the drive)

I also am not sure what those 3x red X's are for

Can you tell me what the firmware update actually does and in your opinion is it worth doing? If you think it is then I would be grateful for the information to update my system.

5 minutes ago, Kod said:

Can you tell me what the firmware update actually does and in your opinion is it worth doing? If you think it is then I would be grateful for the information to update my system.

They don't supply useful changelogs, but usually the system is more stable or more responsive to input etc.

I tend to swing more to the update side myself, though everyone has their own choice, plenty have applied this update just fine.