infotainment update

pol77

9 minutes ago, marekwit said:

Hi there

i'm New on here and i have Skoda Kodiaq 2021 and I thought I would update the infotainment system.  Can anyone provide the latest update?

Many many thanks in advance. Details attached. 

IMG_9341.jpg

There is an update to 0278, that you can try at your own risk.

For the benefit of others, the MOI3_EU_SKMQB_PxxxxP Software Train can be updated to 0306 from the versions in the list below.

"Release": "MOI3_EU_SKMQB_P30603P",
 "MuVersion": "0306",

Snip

"SupportedTrains": [
  "*_?268*",
  "*_?270*",
  "*_?272*",
  "*_?274*",
  "*_?276*",
  "*_?278*",
  "*_?300*",
  "*_?302*",
  "*_?304*",
  "*_?306*"
 ],

A video guide on the process (Italian language)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, superbuser35 said:

Hello! Nice topic and Im interested is there newer version available ?

SW Train: MHI2_ER_SKG13_P4518

Installed MU version: 1240

2222222.jpg

I can send update MHI2_ER_SKG13_P4526

MU 1440

@metalista I am very sorry, I missed your post for 3 weeks, did you still need update?

Hello,

I have the system as seen in the attached images. Is there a firmware update I can apply? ( Skoda superb 2019 )

Thanks!

2023-04-08 20.27.18.jpg

2023-04-08 20.27.07.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/04/2023 at 20:22, Mentalparody said:

Hi, is there an update for my 2017 Kodiaq?

IMG20230422211736.jpg

Wow, missed the post (recommend you tag my name!)

You can update to 0369, but I am moments away from loosing power.

So can you remind me in 1 day if I forget please.

Just now, Blitzkriegest said:

Is there somewhere changelog or something also? Would be interesting to know if there are new features or something.

VAG don't supply one, you have to view TPI documents and do a "best guess" as to what fix(es) are applied.

Transparent as a muddy river.

@varooom in your opinion, what are the odds that such firmware will fail during this procedure? if it fails-what's next, does one needs to go to the store for the professional repair or you just "reboot" the whole system to reset it to the previous version? as i am reading all the happy comments...it doesn't looks like hard thing to do :) do we need to update jut because there IS a new firmware (despite not knowing what is broken or fixed) or we can live (and drive) with one, two or 5 versions older firmware?

regarding the nav update in the other debate...i went for pragmatic approach and for 50 eur order 1 yr connect service. at least navigation will be updated :) well, i hope.

11 hours ago, ngc2392 said:

@varooom in your opinion, what are the odds that such firmware will fail during this procedure? if it fails-what's next, does one needs to go to the store for the professional repair or you just "reboot" the whole system to reset it to the previous version? as i am reading all the happy comments...it doesn't looks like hard thing to do :) do we need to update jut because there IS a new firmware (despite not knowing what is broken or fixed) or we can live (and drive) with one, two or 5 versions older firmware?

regarding the nav update in the other debate...i went for pragmatic approach and for 50 eur order 1 yr connect service. at least navigation will be updated :) well, i hope.

They have a recovery process that will rescue then.  Flash normally fails due to a bad SD Card/USB.

New SD Card, and it will carry on and complete.

There is the old addage of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" so if your system seems working well, you can leave it alone.

Hardest part is you won't know if the new firmware improves system operating speed by otimisation, usually it does, but a changelog doesn't exist.  You can only read the TPI documents to know roughly what it fixes by reading the "customer complains of..." sections.

Edited by varooom