New Battery Needed??

3 minutes ago, darwinjake said:

@varooom sorry to be a pain but is there any difference between the Bosch S5 and the Varta E39 option

One and the same really, AFAIK both made in same factory.

Edit forgot to say, please verify length of old battery is 278mm (iirc) and then you will know size is fine.

Edited by varooom
additional information

@varooomSo Tanya were fast getting me the new battery and the battery was a simple enough swap but now I’m getting several errors when I restart but they don’t seem related to the battery? Tyre Pressure Indicator, ESC, Hill Hold, Front assist and a Stop/Start error

Just now, darwinjake said:

@varooomSo Tanya were fast getting me the new battery and the battery was a simple enough swap but now I’m getting several errors when I restart but they don’t seem related to the battery? Tyre Pressure Indicator, ESC, Hill Hold, Front assist and a Stop/Start error

Did you turn the wheel full lock left and right?

You may need to check and reset tyre pressure monitoring by holding down button, and then the rest of the systems should begin to activate once basic calibration is done.

It might need 100yards driven or an ignition cycle doing after a run.

On 01/02/2023 at 13:13, darwinjake said:

postage a few quid more than the Amazon Bosch equivalent but at least I have no worries about its authenticity 

Is there a doubt about the Bosch batteries sold by Amazon?

13 minutes ago, varooom said:

Did you turn the wheel full lock left and right?

You may need to check and reset tyre pressure monitoring by holding down button, and then the rest of the systems should begin to activate once basic calibration is done.

It might need 100yards driven or an ignition cycle doing after a run.

Sorry I forgot about the full lock step. Now I just have the start stop error but I need to take the old battery to the skip so we will see if it goes

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Is there a doubt about the Bosch batteries sold by Amazon?

I think it was a 3rd party seller and I’m always reluctant and suspicious when a saving is too good? Besides we are taking £3 difference and Tanya almost did next day

• Like 1

Just now, darwinjake said:

Sorry I forgot about the full lock step. Now I just have the start stop error but I need to take the old battery to the skip so we will see if it goes

Stop/Start will be unavailable for a while, until the car can charge the battery enough.  It's sat for a while and needs a good run ideally, then it will work.  Other factors of the stop/start at temperature inside car compared to outside, oil temperature etc that are factors.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, varooom said:

Stop/Start will be unavailable for a while, until the car can charge the battery enough.  It's sat for a while and needs a good run ideally, then it will work.  Other factors of the stop/start at temperature inside car compared to outside, oil temperature etc that are factors.

Update: everything was good when I went to the skip. No errors 

thanks for the help

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pessimal said:

does anyone know if its possible to upgrade from the 096 type battery to a larger size like the 019 for a bit more battery power?

thanks

There's quite a size difference from 278mm to 353mm, probably too big for the tray itself I'd say.

Not sure why you would need such a beast for smaller engine's.