Who's got Hyper / Mamba Green VRS?

Towelie

Evening all,

Got an urgent question for anyone who has a hyper green (Mamba) VRS.

How are you finding the colour? Still loving it or any regrets?

I'm literally on the knife edge of completing on PX for a new Hyper Green VRS Hatch with delivery this Tuesday but suddenly having doubts... Some photos I see the colour looks really vibrant! others it looks flat and not really green. 

Wondering whether to stall / cancel the deal and order a Race Blue albeit it'll probably have a ridiculous lead time...

Cheers!

Thought about it, but chose Velvet Red in the end, that Greeny yellowish colour is so bright and it stands out like the proverbial sore thumb. It makes it easy for you to be identified as there's going to be so few if them about.

I couldn't make up my mind about it and one minute I loved, the next hated it and so on.

Don't know what the resale value will be like either, 

• Like 1

I've got a petrol hatch in Hyper green and i'm happy I chose it. It gets quite a lot of attention, with most people really liking the colour. However if you wish to be a bit lower profile, it may not be the the best choice for you!

As always, different colours, different options & different cars for different people, you pay your money & take the choice that makes you happy

• Like 3

Cheers for your feedback everyone that’s much appreciated. 

Been to the dealer to have another good look at the car and got it brought out into the sunshine. Made my choice, going to go with it 👍

Slightly off topic Towelie, but interested in your thoughts comparing the new Octavia vRS (petrol?) to your Mk7.5 Golf GTI PP once you've owned it for a while.

We have the same Golf and I'm thinking about replacing it with a bigger car sometime.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bogwoppit said:

Slightly off topic Towelie, but interested in your thoughts comparing the new Octavia vRS (petrol?) to your Mk7.5 Golf GTI PP once you've owned it for a while.

We have the same Golf and I'm thinking about replacing it with a bigger car sometime.

Hey no worries, currently from sitting in it in the showroom I would say the interior is leaps and bounds ahead of our mk7.5 GTi’s, just feels a bit nicer place to be and a big step up from the mk3 Octavia as well. I’ve also looked at the mk8 GTi for comparison and I think VW dropped a clanger with it, the plastic felt cheaper in more areas. 

Once I’ve got it and driven it properly I’ll let you know what it’s like in terms of handling etc. engine wise I’ve gone petrol so same engine at 245 just lugging a little bit extra booty around. 

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

@Towelie Glad to hear, that there is another one Mamba Green friend out there :))) I think you did the right decison... The color is just awesome, every time I am going around car, I am glad we went for this color. Its so rare, that it shines up every parking lot :). And regarding resale value - imho gonna be higher than normal colors, because it will be rare.

Race Blue is also awesome color, but its basicaly on every car from Škoda...

I know I am a little late, but some of the pictures of mine here:

• Love it! 1

4 hours ago, JirikH said:

@Towelie Glad to hear, that there is another one Mamba Green friend out there :))) I think you did the right decison... The color is just awesome, every time I am going around car, I am glad we went for this color. Its so rare, that it shines up every parking lot :). And regarding resale value - imho gonna be higher than normal colors, because it will be rare.

Race Blue is also awesome color, but its basicaly on every car from Škoda...

I know I am a little late, but some of the pictures of mine here:

Cheers mate, picked it up yesterday, looks great all cleaned up!

The photos in your link look spot on! 👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Have ordered a hyper green VRs after seeing the colour on an Enyaq , it’s not something you would lose in a car park . Order placed early April was told a twenty week delivery have been told today it’s been built and on its way to shipping .

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1