What DSG ‘box do I have?

I have a 2018 Superb Sportline 150 TDi.

it has a 7 speed DSG.

is this the DQ200 ‘box or something else?

I’ve read a few horror stories about the DQ200, not overly concerned as the car has a 2yr Skoda warranty but I’d still like to know what the ‘box is! 

39 minutes ago, MarkyG82 said:

That will be the 380 or 381. Definitely not the 200. The dq200 dry clutch box is almost exclusively fitted to engines smaller than 2.0.

AFAIK, DQ200 was never coupled with TDI engines, was it? 🤔

14 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

I was meaning on Superb Mk2 / Mk3. But you may still be right ;). This document doesn't states on which car it applies.

All good, the document is for Superb Mk3 100%, though at the time of printing the SSP, all of the new engine/gearbox combinations were not all added.

Look at top left corner of image for full title of file 😉

• Like 1

Just for the Future.  DQ200 not fitted to 2.0 TDI.s.   (But as to VW that needs checked with a 2.0 TDI 115 ps as I recently was driving in a VW Golf) it may have been a DQ381.       So DQ200, with a 1.6tdi if no Haldex.  Then with 1.2 TDI,s as and 1.4 TDI,s.   So no more than 250 Nm and FWD. 

• Like 1

The other sure fire way of checking is:

Look down the back of the engine bay between engine and battery for the oil filter housing on the top of the gearbox.

No oil filter housing = DQ200

Oil filter housing black and pointing upwards = DQ250

Oil filter housing black or heat shield on it and pointing towards the cabin = DQ380/381

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

@Dinesy sorry to raise this.   Good news and bad news.  You do not have a DQ200.    Sh|t news.  Just the few (oveblow on forums )  but growing number of DQ381 issues.  Start in the Kodiaq section.     So maybe an oil change sooner than 80,000 miles.    I am expecting a revision of the guidelines, recommendation or schedule from VW group sooner rather than later.      Be sure to have an extended warranty.     In Australia with 5 year warranties owners are still having crap from Dealerships.    Ps VW wish it was overblown on Social Media.  It catches then out not dealing with issues.  

Edited by toot
  • Love it! 1

Just watch for drips on the ground which are not just H2o, and remember that Warranty extension.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/505394-gearbox-leak

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/509581-7-gear-4x4-dsg-gearbox-error-codes-for-a-2018-tsi-kodiaq

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/502781-gearbox-in-emergency-mode-no-reverse-gear

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/509728-2018-kodiaq-20-tdi-180-repair-of-mechatronic-unit-electronics

*Remember what you will be told at dealerships and even on social media / forums, 'people only come to forums when they have problems.'

Not when they have problems and the Manufacturers are being deaf dumb and blind to issues / faults they need to address sooner rather than later.

1967968741_Screenshot2021-07-28at14_13_28 (1).webp

Edited by toot
  • Love it! 1

Regardless of what VW is saying, I would still recommend a 60,000km interval as a preventative measure. My Golf R has the DQ381 and there is no way in hell I'm letting it tick over 60,000km between DSG services given how it's driven.

• Like 2

@ZacDaMan72  That is clear as in you recommend at 60,000 km,  and i recommend before 80,000 miles by maybe the owners circumstances and if a keeper.

(eg do not pay for a DSG oil change because you have to do a 40,000 mile service or a 60,000 mile service before the end of a lease, leave the Dealerships / traders to do that before flogging the car again, which is unlikely. If buying a used one with a DQ381 then maybe get that DSG service done & have a Warranty in place. Buy one if you are not getting one with the car.)

I read your post as it might be VW Group having a 60,000 km recommendation, guidelines or schedule.    That will be coming i expect.  Dependent on failures within 120,000 km.

Edited by toot
  • Like 2
  • Love it! 1