Recall on IV...HV battery (93L8)

Just been told (as my 20 plate IV went in for a week to try again to sort out software) that I've also got a recall. Issued 5 Jan, can only be done in a 'Level 3' garage...mine at the end of the road is level 2 for electrics. So that means a 40 mile journey to Winchester the nearest they say. And minimum of two days. So 160 miles in total there and back twice. And 'maybe' a courtesy car. Anyone know what the recall is for, and who only some garages can do it?

Edited by Brockysuperb

OK, this is recall 93L8 for a repair to the high voltage battery launched in January (my garage says). Showing on Elsa (Skoda's internal system) but the Skoda recall app says nada...again Skoda Customer Services demonstrating skill as a chocolate fire guard.

Two days, only Level Three garages, as the battery needs to be dropped out. Not sure but maybe iV owners may want to check.

S-Repair HV battery (93L8)

Start date : 21-12-2022

With Superb PHEV vehicles from a limited production period, there is a possibility that moisture can penetrate into the HV battery due to an improperly designed battery box seal. Ingress of moisture is indicated by a warning message on the instrument panel display. In the affected cars, the top of the battery box, the battery regulation control unit J840, the LV plug and the mating surfaces of the coolant connections are sealed with butyl sealant. On selected cars, after carrying out the work described above, the top of the HV battery must be sealed with protective wax.

• Like 1

• Brockysuperb changed the title to Recall on IV...HV battery (93L8)
On 09/02/2023 at 14:39, Brockysuperb said:

OK, this is recall 93L8 for a repair to the high voltage battery launched in January (my garage says). Showing on Elsa (Skoda's internal system) but the Skoda recall app says nada...again Skoda Customer Services demonstrating skill as a chocolate fire guard.

Two days, only Level Three garages, as the battery needs to be dropped out. Not sure but maybe iV owners may want to check.

Hi Brocky.  Whats a Level Three garage and how does one find the closest one?  I have a service coming up and Hendy Salisbury are telling me the DTC codes I am picking up from VAGCOM aren't valid as it isn't ODIS.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't help on what is Level Three and what's not. I didn't know Meadens couldn't do such things before they referred me for the recall. If Salisbuty is level three  I'll be irritated as its closer!

I think a level 3 qualification means they are allowed to open the battery cover as this is the most dangerous point, as the risk of creating a short circuit is at the maximum.

I have asked a friend who I know has opened these to ask him what a level 3 means in real terms.

• Like 1

Hmm I may go to Winchester then, although they were really stand-off-ish when I showed them Vagcom printouts of a charging error code I keep getting, one that others have also had trouble getting resolved.  Really gets my goat when dealers claim that only Odis could possibly read a DTC, forgetting what software they had before Odis.

3 hours ago, Brockysuperb said:

Can't help on what is Level Three and what's not. I didn't know Meadens couldn't do such things before they referred me for the recall. If Salisbuty is level three  I'll be irritated as its closer!

Fairly certain Salisbury isn’t level 3, they’ve got a Kia dealership attached to them at the moment and are sadly pretty woeful of late, I think they’re short on techs there.

9 minutes ago, globalste said:

Hmm I may go to Winchester then, although they were really stand-off-ish when I showed them Vagcom printouts of a charging error code I keep getting, one that others have also had trouble getting resolved.  Really gets my goat when dealers claim that only Odis could possibly read a DTC, forgetting what software they had before Odis.

Dealers don't like people who bring in scanned codes, and think that only the dealer tool is the authority.  Before ODIS, they used VAS-PC (19 major versions of that)

7 hours ago, globalste said:

Mine was booked into Winchester. They wanted the car for three days to do the recall and replace a telematics device due to sos error. Got a phone call half a day to advise car was ready to collect and they didn't do the recall as didn't have the correct tooling. Very frustrating. 

• 3 weeks later...

Salisbury cannot do this work and told me that it would be Bournemouth to do the work. Still waiting for a date when it can be done. Salisbury said it could be some time as only a limited number of places can do the work which fits in with what the other posters are saying. Just wonder what they will do if the vehicle starts to have any problem because of the water ingress.

John 

As above, booked into Winchester some two months ago - they rang me today to say they couldn't do it - car was with them tomorrow and Friday. Really annoying - they've known about the tool issue (they confessed) since August, and I really think they should have warned me when they took the booking, and then given me more than 18 hours notice. Even more annoying is that my iV needs its first MoT next week - which they were going to do. There is no point driving 100 miles round trip for an MoT, so more rushing around now, fortunately my local Meadens have stepped up to the plate. 

Finally, I've had urgent messages (two) from Skoda on the ICE saying it needs this urgent recall and I've not had it done. How can I when Skoda haven't supplied garages with the tools. Honestly, bloody bunch of incompetents, the lot of them. After four Superbs, Citigo, Yetis, my next car will NOT be a Skoda. 

EDIT: Spoken to Hendy Bournemouth (lovely Service chap called Tony). They're gearing up to do this work, needs technician training, but are also building a list and will be in touch when they're up and running - so worth giving them a ring. 

Edited by Brockysuperb
Spelling