Cupra lower wishbone bushes.

Had the cupra bushes fitted today to replace the poxy OEM ones, and they are totally recommended! They have really sharpened up the steering, and I rate this mod above the strut brace! :thumbup::thumbup:

The other good thing, is they wont pop out like udders will either!

So just a big :thumbup: for a top mod.

They are available from SEAT, part number 6LL407183 - £8.23 each inc VAT.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the 'udders' fall out I'll consider it, I've got PolyFlex bushes at the front (of the front wishbone) and the udders at the rear (of the front wishbone).

Definitely as already mentioned by Tom, get a 4WA done afterwards as it will probably be slightly out (it may not be, but you never know :P )

Next time it's gonna be the Cupra bushes then, by the sound of it :D

bahh.. beat me to it :rofl:

ive been waiting to get this done... will be done with my 80k service.. as mine have started clonking now, can feel the inside wheel skipping around on tight corners.

So-so far for my big service its gonna be:

80k service

Cambelt

Pads n discs all round

cupra bushes

new engine mount(s)

and depending how flush i feel at the time:

new suspension (and trimmed bumpstops):D

i rekon that lil lot will pretty comprehensively empty my wallett on top of all the other mods ;)

Interesting, they did it without taking the console off the car. The arm surely has to come off, but they unmounted it from the tree bolts on the guide joint. So, with the right tools there is plenty of space to work from under the car.

Interesting, they did it without taking the console off the car. The arm surely has to come off.

Nope, as Ross will confirm, if you have the correct tooling then it can be done on the car. :thumbup:

Hmm, without taking out the wishbone? I am still a bit skeptical that you can do that properly. I mean if you take of the wishbone nut then you can extract the old bushing (distroying it) and hammer the new one in place in the console while the wishbone pin is alligned on the bushing central opening. In the end this might work, but using a press is difficult. Hammering may destroy the new bushing.

But, in the end, maybe you had in mind a different procedure.

all,

any idea on what other bushes from cupra are worth upgrading on the furby! thought I might do the lot as I was going to get a strut brace but maybe now I've seen the light....

cheers

g.

Maybe the cupra has better bushings for the rear axle mountings too. I've been thinking about this but did not have the time to check. Also It may have a thicker ARB. There are plenty of ARB models on fabia, so there might be one upgrade in cupra ;).

The wishbone does have to come out.

Ive seen the aluminium consoles deformed but hitting them with hammers which I why I prefer the propper method for taking the bushes out. Doesnt stress anything out (inc me).

Also gives you a good chance to make sure the bush is inserted the right way up and lined up with the indicators..

• 3 months later...