Replacing parking light bulb on Skoda Superb Mk1 TDI Comfort 2007

Hi

I am using the ERWIN information page 79 + 82. Does the headlight have to be removed? P.82 (1.4.2.) makes it sound simple ie. remove cover 3 then according to page 83 diagram the socket/bulb is visible! I can only see a white hex adjuster and cannot feel anything below it. To take the headlight out the bumper has to come off am I right? Is the bumper going to need to be taken off to replace this passenger side parking light. Many thanks for any help.

20230221_170653.jpg

20230221_170843.jpg

Whether the headlight needs to come off depends, but it does make it a lot easier. You will indeed need to (re)move the bumper in order to remove the unit.

Personally, I have only changed the sidelights once, and that's when I replaced the head unit with replacements and put all new bulbs in. The sidelights were a nightmare to get at even with the units removed, but then I also have big hands.

I've gotten away with removing the top screws of the bumper and then pulling the bumper outward enough to get at the hidden screw for the headlight unit, but it may be just as easy to remove all and just take the bumper off completely especially if you need to do both sides. Either way, make sure you mark the position of the screw in the bracket, as this affects the up/down angle of the headlight unit as a whole.

• Like 1