my vrs

james 2

just makes you wonder what some of our other Octy's could make on a freezing cold day...

only time will tell. then again 260bhp is F.A. use if you cant drive.. so will we be seeing this beast on track soon to prove its prowess?

am pretty certain it will get its ass ripped good and proper.. but we all know my thoughts of the Revo tuning option... like normal tuning but with added pro -vitamin BS.

Just curious as at the mo mines is at 1.7 bar, after today I won't need more than about 1.3 - 1.4

Jesus Jon, that's some serious Boost... Nice!

Are you going the whole hog then, engine internals, and IHI, etc.?!

I heard a couple of rumours through the grape vine, sounds like everythings getting sorted though!

Hopefully you can give me a ride in it on a trackday or two over the coming year, I'll be back at the Ring more than once next year. This time I hope to bring my car back with me (whatever it is at the time!), no doubt we'll be able to tie in a couple of trips!

Btw, I believe James is running his car in High Boost 3 timing 6 day in day out, as it was on the Dyno. It'll be running at around 1.35 bar.

The torque curve is indeed the green one, and the scale is the same as for bhp.

Seems to be pretty flat once the turbo has started doing it's thing too...

IIRC the slight dip in the middle is normal for VVT cars too (mine does it).

Oh, and James can drive... I can vouch for that! :shocked:

Anyway, this thread is all about bhp/torque output on a tuned VRS, so I don't think we should get onto whether or not the driver is good enough!

Why are people not pleased for him? I think it's a damn good result!

I smell hater!

The power claim is at best ott.. at worse false advertising of the potential of Revo.

I think there are enough Briskodians to know that 1.8T's dont generate that kind of power with just a remap.. unless of course mapped so far beyond a reasonable safe setup that it is likely to fail. We shall see if the posts continue in as much detail after the unit has failed....

Why are people not pleased for him? I think it's a damn good result!

I smell hater!

Cracking plot. ... Still a nice plot...
James' date='

Looks like a good plot to me :D[/quote']

.......looks good.

:confused:

It'll be running at around 1.35 bar.

So its not a normal K03 he's running to get those figures. What turbo is it?

James, have you had the head ported yet? If not, get it done :D I have a spare standard head if you need one while its being done.

Seems to be pretty flat once the turbo has started doing it's thing too...

IIRC the slight dip in the middle is normal for VVT cars too (mine does it).

Mine doesn't :D It just goes up and stays up (until today anyway).

Howard,

It does look like a good plot. However, its a bit small to really see the details. Based on those figures, there have been some other mods done other than a remap. Just need to find out what they are. If there aren't any, I think someone's RR needs calibrating. :(

Edit: oops, misread your post Howard, sorry.

Temps to give some benefit to the figures at the minute. I have dynoed a few 1.8T's over the last month and it is has been good to be able to carry out quick consistent runs instead of waiting for an hour to aid cooling for the next run.

I do know that James2's car got up to 70IAT and the RR software has corrected the graph based on these figures. I have no idea of which RR software is used at Noble so cannot comment on whether I think this is realistic graph or not!

However if this is accurate and he makes some more bolt on mods then he will have the highest bhp KO3 equipped car in the UK :eek:

TaviaRS..........Is that 1.7bar on a KO3?

Howard' date='

It does look like a good plot. However, its a bit small to really see the details. Based on those figures, there have been some other mods done other than a remap. Just need to find out what they are. If there aren't any, I think someone's RR needs calibrating. :(

Edit: oops, misread your post Howard, sorry.[/quote']

Sorry, Jon, maybe I wasn't making myself clear enough - just trying to correct the impression that there was, in some way, some hatred towards James 2. And I agree with you, it appears high without some other form of modification.

It is not worth Revo organising RR days. It is much more beneficial for all to have independant RR days. All cars tested on the same day, same dyno, same conditions,etc. This way the true comparisons between different spec cars can be made. I would look upon a given tuner testing another tuners product and giving their opinions as a little biased. After all Do you ever hear how great X product is if the tuner is offering Y product? It just does not happen!

I know that the UKMKIV forum had a day at Noble recently. It might be worth looking through their results to see a comparison for James2 figures.

• Administrators
Btw, I believe James is running his car in High Boost 3 timing 6 day in day out, as it was on the Dyno. It'll be running at around 1.35 bar.

Things may of changed, but when I was looking at the sps3 (or little black plug in thing) I was told that those settings were not for daily use, maybe RR, track with high ron fuel and a fair amount of risk on stock bits.

Things may of changed of course.

Okay, IMHO it's great figures, but figures alone do not cut it. Always good to see what car can do, then dial it back to be safe, unless you have a pot of cash/hand in engine work, in which case a 10 year old cossie block might just win...

But it's not max this or that, it's more than figures, with an average age above the Nova owners simply stating a figure is not enough, sorry. I think we have a few max power readers, but most are after sensible debate and justification of posts. I know I look for that, other wise I'd just press rand on my calculator.

Revos' tool allowing adjustment is brilliant imo. A little pricey, but Revo is not a charity. Jabba do a boost controller, but his is to dumb down the car more than tweak for RR/Track days IMO. APR don't offer a tweaking tool, but I guess a laptop dash mounted with mapping prog for 3-5k would do the trick ;)

Again, great figures but I refer to the above.

fen_l&k:

mellowyellow

whatever , it's all make believe , still , it is nearly xmas and we are all entitled to dream !

delcac

I now have a Superb with 380.2bhp and 398.5ft/lb, i'll post the graphs tomorrow when i've photo shopped sorry, err got a scanner.

ffelan

only time will tell. then again 260bhp is F.A. use if you cant drive

ffelan

The power claim is at best ott.. at worse false advertising of the potential of Revo

Make believe, photoshopped, ott etc etc...

James hasn't said anywhere that it's ONLY Revo that's giving these figures! Let's wait until he gets back from work so he can explain in more detail. Oh, it's using the standard K03 Turbo too!

John Noble's Rollers are among the most acurate in the country... They tune Noble M12's there as well as other exotica, so they're not just some dyno-monkeys.

TaviaRS... James says cheers for the offer, but he's got 6 OE heads already! (I just called him to see how it was all going...)

Looks like this is going to be a proper monster of a car once it's finished!

I know of Nobles rollers, yes they are pretty accurate.

So if its a standard turbo, running at 1.35 bar, he has changed the injectors and the MAF housing (and poss the FPR) :D

IAT of 70 :eek: Mine doesn't get above 35 :p James, you need some cooling! :D

Kev, my car may not be long for this world, for Ring trips I'm just going to use a hire car.

Josh,

I was merely trying to point out the error in your generalism that everyone seems to hate James 2. On a board such as this you will never get everyone to agree, and that's a good thing - healthy debate is, well, healthy!!

But the tone of some of the posts has been, to put it mildly, rather childish and verging towards baiting or trolling (IMHO). Briskoda is an established community, and you can hardly expect to throw rocks in the pond and not get some ripples.

Nuff said.

SPS 3....

THE ADVANCED USER OPTION...

...Revo's advanced tuning kit consists of a tuning CD' date=' SPS3 and full user instructions. It gives total control to the user and also includes data logging facilities. The BFV (boost frequency valve) is totally controlled by the user and timing restraints are removed.

This kit gives the ability to run outside the window of safe limits of the vehicle.

The user is provided with a program to adjust the settings vial a notebook computer or PDA. It is to be used for racing purposes only!

[/quote']

Interesting.

Well...

I want to upgrade to something newer/faster next year and because of their value and the fact that they're still VAG, I was thinking either Fabia or Octavia VRS.

Fabia would be good as it's Derv (which is good, as I do 50 miles a day) but it's interesting to see what can be done with the 1.8T (and it'll be even more interesting to see what kind of mpg a crazy-tuned VRS will get!).

Anyway, James is my mate... I've never hid that fact, and as you'll know, it's not nice to see one of your mates getting slated.

I'm well into my VAG cars, from MK1 Polos to RS6's! So I suppose that's another reason why I'm showing an interest.

That enough? ;)

I hope I'm not seen as an annoying newb here... I'm just interested.

Gawd, that took an age to read through!

My views on it:

James has got a modded RS

He has had it Revoed

He claims 260+ bhp

People dispute it

His mate gets upset

The end

:D

My views on the 260? Without other modifications to the car, it can not produce that power at that boost level, with those inlet temps. End of story, no ifs no buts. Deny and spout all you want, I don't believe you. Tell us the other mods and yes, it is possible, according to the compressor map for the 03 sport, but would be marginal.

The only thing I can think of is the compensation factor applied to those figures as mentioned by Kev (from Revo ;) ). you will note that all the people on here who post dynos and figures are giving them unadjusted, would you care to quote like for like or should they all adjust theirs for "environmental" conditions? If so Des was right about his Super B figures - they were climatically adjusted for the Dead Sea area at -25C. :D

I am not having a pop, its good that people are modding their cars and its nice to have alternatives rather than all going the sheep route :baaa: just I think there should be some consistency in the figures quoted.

James, are you a Revo dealer?