Front washer jets removal/replacement

Can anyone tell me how to get the front washer jets out on a Skoda Octavia Mk4? Currently getting either no washer fluid or just a dribble of washer fluid out of them and wanted to get them out to either clean or replace them rather than wait over a month for a garage to look at it. Only problem is I can't work out how to detach them and I don't want to break anything by being stupid!

14 hours ago, blackdahliasam said:

ow to get the front washer jets out on a Skoda Octavia Mk4?

Can you be more specific? Are you referring to the headlights washer jets, or the windscreen washers?

There is a thread in the past week in the Fabia MK3 and MK2 section covering 2 types of nozzle removal.  Are they just the twist type.  Vids in the threads or on YouTube.  Are they the kind that is blocked you just replace for a few Quid each? 

Traditional cure is to shove a pin into the washer nipple bit to clear our any debris. Don’t know how the modern washers are put together but it might be easier to see if you can clear them from the top end before taking them out.

I am presuming that there aren’t any breaks/leaks in the pipes between the washer fluid tank and the washer heads?

25 minutes ago, toot said:

There is a thread in the past week in the Fabia MK3 and MK2 section covering 2 types of nozzle removal.  Are they just the twist type.  Vids in the threads or on YouTube.  Are they the kind that is blocked you just replace for a few Quid each? 

Not sure which types the Fabia have, I've seen videos on the twist ones, but those seem to be ones mounted in the bonnet itself, whereas mine are mounted on the main body of the car.

26 minutes ago, FatWolfie said:

Traditional cure is to shove a pin into the washer nipple bit to clear our any debris. Don’t know how the modern washers are put together but it might be easier to see if you can clear them from the top end before taking them out.

I am presuming that there aren’t any breaks/leaks in the pipes between the washer fluid tank and the washer heads?

Yeah gave that a go but it didn't help. Just wanted to try and do the simple bit and rule them out as the culprit before I start trying to get to the rest of the system - I'm not particularly proficient with any type car maintenance so trying not to get in over my head and cause damage.

• Like 1

2.5 Removing and installing washer jets
Removing
– Support the nozzle -1- in the direction of the arrow -A- and
swivel this out in the direction of arrow -B- and partially push
it out.

487744859_Pic1.png.18ac99909f36317d45aef12a9737888a.png

– Unlock and remove the hose connection -1-, the hose remains
in the holder -2-.

1481364538_Pic2.png.0242c54d5a6ee52157cd77d77e7f8adc.png

2 hours ago, varooom said:

2.5 Removing and installing washer jets
Removing
– Support the nozzle -1- in the direction of the arrow -A- and
swivel this out in the direction of arrow -B- and partially push
it out.

487744859_Pic1.png.18ac99909f36317d45aef12a9737888a.png

– Unlock and remove the hose connection -1-, the hose remains
in the holder -2-.

1481364538_Pic2.png.0242c54d5a6ee52157cd77d77e7f8adc.png

Amazing, will give this a try later!

4 hours ago, toot said:

Are the like these ones? 

Screenshot 2023-03-01 09.37.28.png

Close, these are mine:

F76D6619-D5D8-4E40-8791-B32E409E20EC.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi @blackdahliasam

I have a similar issue with a dribble just from both front windscreen jets and the jets look identical to yours

The headlamp washers have stopped working altogether and the motor/pump sounds horribly loud when i pull the right stick for the front wipers

The rear windscreen water works perfectly

Hence, i'm thinking the pump/motor for the front washers is knackered

Did you manage to resolve your issue and if so, what was it for you please ?

Edited by SeanyH