APR vs Racingline

9 hours ago, J.R. said:

Nope, clear as mud.

I'm thick as mud as well which is probably the reason for the lack of clarity.

I wont lose sleep over it though!

No worries, let me clear things up, though I think Rodders has pipped me to the post. :D

Here is data from Rodders original power graph. (The red curves.)

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_06/image.png.51369e34245a0647c18f97507af63d2b.png

So if you look at the power curve, reading from the x-axis, the one that runs left to right on the bottom, showing RPM, and see where the power curve intersects it for 5250rpm, look at the Y-axis for the power curve on the left of the chart, you get approximately 236BHP. (When I first looked, I got 235BHP, but using a more accurate method, I see 236BHP)

Now if you look at the torque curve, reading from the x-axis at 5250rpm, look at the Y-axis for the torque curve on the right of the chart, you can see it intersects at 320Nm.

Bear in mind the intersection of power and torque at 5250rpm is BHP and ft/lbs, so we must convert that 320Nm to ft/lbs, which works out at 236 ft/lbs.

(Here's a tool for just that conversion. https://www.unitconverters.net/energy/nm-to-ft-lb.htm)

So the curve looks spot on to me. Here's an illustrated version of what I've explained. If this doesn't clear things up for you, I don't think I can make it any clearer.

image.thumb.png.5e9567e5c891ab97ad16425837d682de.png

Of course, why the measured torque curve is very different to VAGs claim of torque for the engine is a different matter! :D

Edited by EnterName
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just one snapshot of the engine, not a full load Dyno, ECU will learn.

Posted on a Facebook group and Ben from Racing line saw it. Assured me everythings ok, but said I could go up there and FOC Dyno run my car, just so he can show it's all good.

• Like 1