IV - Non Skoda class 2 charging lead being blamed

Yet more issues...this time a hybrid malfunction with garage advisory. They've greased the plug lock. But told me the cause may be a 'non-Skoda charge lead' is the cause. Surely it's just like any other power lead (well  any other power lead which costs £100+). Can anyone confirm if a) the Skoda leads are any different to other Class 2 plugs and leads, and b) if this can cause an issue? TIA.

What does the other end of the charge lead plug into, guess what a non Skoda charger

Unless the cable is physically faulty, eg connecting pins wired incorrectly, or it shorting out, then this is just fishing for excuses.

• Like 2

PHEV,s & EV,s using a type 2 AC charging cable should no need to be plugged into any particular type of 3.6 or 7 kW AC charger to get a charge.

@Brockysuperb

What are you doing, or unable to do, is it home charging and your charger, 

Or are you using a Type 2 to 3 pin charger, or a type 2 to type 2 and plugging into AC public chargers?  ie PodPoint or others.

Edited by toot
  • Like 1

That's like blaming a non stock tyre. A joke if you ask me. I had to get a new cable soon after getting my car and never had an issue. Type 2 is a standard and, assuming it's genuinely certified, should work as designed.

• Like 2

I mean when you go to a docking point to charge your car that has built in cables, what do you use… non genuine cables.

the whole point of types for the cables is an international standard so they can all be interchanged without fear of breaking anything 

• Like 4

On 13/07/2023 at 09:50, Brockysuperb said:

Yet more issues...this time a hybrid malfunction with garage advisory. They've greased the plug lock. But told me the cause may be a 'non-Skoda charge lead' is the cause. Surely it's just like any other power lead (well  any other power lead which costs £100+). Can anyone confirm if a) the Skoda leads are any different to other Class 2 plugs and leads, and b) if this can cause an issue? TIA.

Hang on you've said they greased the lock? Is the issue that your charging door doesn't lock or that the cable lock doesn't work?