Facelift or not.....

Hi guys

I am trying to purchase roof bars for my superb 3, and the fitment is different for the non facelift Vs the facelift model. My car is a 2019 superb 3 , but I can't work out if it's a facelift or not, any suggestions how I could work it out?

Pre facelift cars have a Skoda badge on the boot, facelift cars have the lettering SKODA across the boot instead of the badge.

• Thanks 1

I can't understand what/why roof bars would be different in pre and post facelift vehicles...... no roof or door changes were made. Who says they are not the same?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goath said:

I can't understand what/why roof bars would be different in pre and post facelift vehicles...... no roof or door changes were made. Who says they are not the same?

Roofbars.co.uk

19 minutes ago, superbmidge said:

IMG_20230718_212644782.jpg

IMG_20230718_212659193.jpg

That is not a face lift model.

The face lift has the word SKODA across the back and different lights at the front.

• Thanks 1

Between the facelift and pre-facelift models, the roof is exactly the same.

The only key differences on the outside r:-

- different front headlights, bumper, grille and foglights.

- different rear taillights.

Nothing else has changed physically/outside.

910559933_images(24).jpeg.393aa5d477d6ec167aff48121f3e5d41.jpeg

1691531275_images(25).jpeg.8115536f4a0a1cb2d760ba55db28cd72.jpeg

Edited by JR RS

8 minutes ago, JR RS said:

No idea why the website was quoting two different fitment details for feet for the roofbars. My car has two holes on the door frame interior ( My Mondeo had one hole) . I suspect the facelift holes may be in a different location? Can upload pics if someone has a facelift to compare it to. 

The doors r exactly the same too, including A-pillar, B-pillar and C-pillars.

I don't have pics, but the facelift would have the exact same two mounting holes, per door, in the exact same spot.

There would b differences between a wagon and liftback, yes, but that's nothing to do with facelift or not.

22 minutes ago, JR RS said:

This is what I was working off

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel3.php?emulate=roofbar&query=8320&vptype=598508

Get yourself onto ebay and search for the following

• Thule 135 cm roof bar (these can be square or evo, both fit)
  • Thule Evo Clamp foot for vehicles four-pack black | 710500
  • Kit 145207

Compare then to the whole price on roofbars

6 minutes ago, superbmidge said:

That is the correct vehicle. 

I actually have a complete set that I should list here. Only reason I won't use them again is that I got a genuine Skoda set at a great price around the same time.

Edited by petrolcan
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, petrolcan said:

Get yourself onto ebay and search for the following

• Thule 135 cm roof bar (these can be square or evo, both fit)
  • Thule Evo Clamp foot for vehicles four-pack black | 710500
  • Kit 145207

Compare then to the whole price on roofbars

That is the correct vehicle. 

I actually have a complete set that I should list here. Only reason I won't use them again is that I got a genuine Skoda set at a great price around the same time.

Hi Petrolcan, I had a look but could only find quite blocky offerings with Skoda brandings.  I pick up my 18 plate hatch later this week and will need to get new bars etc as my old set were Golf R estate sized which will not fit.

Are there aero bars from Skoda as I am guying from a Skoda dealer and I was going to try for discount on accessories! :)

11 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Hi Petrolcan, I had a look but could only find quite blocky offerings with Skoda brandings.  I pick up my 18 plate hatch later this week and will need to get new bars etc as my old set were Golf R estate sized which will not fit.

Are there aero bars from Skoda as I am guying from a Skoda dealer and I was going to try for discount on accessories! :)

For a Superb? The genuine ones aren't what I'd describe as aero but they're not square either https://shop.wingsskoda.co.uk/products/skoda-basic-roof-rack-superb-iii-liftback

The other alternative is to make up the above set from Thule and just make sure you get the evo bars.

From experience though, the genuine bars are *so* much easier to put on and take off. Thule ones require a little bit more faffing around.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, petrolcan said:

For a Superb? The genuine ones aren't what I'd describe as aero but they're not square either https://shop.wingsskoda.co.uk/products/skoda-basic-roof-rack-superb-iii-liftback

The other alternative is to make up the above set from Thule and just make sure you get the evo bars.

From experience though, the genuine bars are *so* much easier to put on and take off. Thule ones require a little bit more faffing around.

Thank you!  I had, in fact, already done a separates search based on your post above as tbh I had assumed buying all 3 together would be cheaper! :D Official Thule £350, cheapest kit I could find was £290.  Buying separately £206.  new feet and adaptor pack and once used bars.  Happy with that, given I had just forked out for the set for the stolen Golf!  

• Like 1

On 18/07/2023 at 21:28, superbmidge said:

Roofbars.co.uk

I can't find that site - I found roof-bars and roofracks and both confirm what I would expect - the same fitments on all Superb Mk3 pre or post facelift

On 18/07/2023 at 22:33, superbmidge said:

This is what I was working off

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel3.php?emulate=roofbar&query=8320&vptype=598508

thsi also confirms that ALL Mk3 Superbs have the same roof bar fitting - 2015 onwards is the Mk3 Superb the facelift only affected the front and rear and not the actual bodyshell

On 18/07/2023 at 22:21, superbmidge said:

No idea why the website was quoting two different fitment details for feet for the roofbars. My car has two holes on the door frame interior ( My Mondeo had one hole) . I suspect the facelift holes may be in a different location? Can upload pics if someone has a facelift to compare it to. 

I can't see any different feet fitments based on pre or post facelift, just on the bass if the bars that you choose