Creaking noise on slow manoeuvre fix

On 13/11/2023 at 04:23, elfensin said:

I'm the Aussie guy who had TRC1070 on my Superb and then removed it. I can confirm the arms for Golf are shorter than the ones on Superb.

I also did some calculation:

The front track on a Golf R MK7.5 is 1537mm. The OEM wheels on MK7.5 are et50, So the distance from left disc to right disc is 1637mm.

The front track on Superb is 1578mm, supernova wheels are et44. The distance between two discs is 1666mm.

AFAIK, the subframe on Golf R and Superb are actually the same size, correct me if I am wrong. In this case, two arms on Superb are 29mm longer than Golf R's arms in total. So each is 14.5mm longer.

Which 100% match the number you showed here. 

Hi mate. Just for clarification. You fitted the poly bushed arms and lost track width therefore camber. I’ve had some fitted this week and collected the car and was running 1.3-1,5 degrees neg camber before and is now just running 0.3 and track looks narrower !! Thought it was my eyes but this runs true. So superb arms are defo required with these bushes. I’ve had fitted super pro with caster increase 

On 24/08/2023 at 09:28, UndertheRadar said:

There’s Two different arms for the front from them. 
Different part numbers. 
One is listed as camber adjustment. 
These arms are the same length. Measured before fitment and confirmed with supplier. 
My camber is spot on and front of car height unchanged. 

Hi mate. Just put my mind at rest. Fitted the trc 1071 caster increase arms. Everything has tracked up perfect but the car seems narrower on the front and have lost about a degree of camber on each side. So just wondering if you measured your Superpro arms against the ones that came off. Were they identical and also do you have a 289 4x4 

On 01/03/2024 at 03:08, elfensin said:

I end up running with poly bushing together with oe Superb LCA. All good now.

Nice. I’ve ended up buying some and putting bushes in there. Did you measure the differences ? 

On 27/02/2024 at 16:16, Esseesse200 said:

Hi mate. Just put my mind at rest. Fitted the trc 1071 caster increase arms. Everything has tracked up perfect but the car seems narrower on the front and have lost about a degree of camber on each side. So just wondering if you measured your Superpro arms against the ones that came off. Were they identical and also do you have a 289 4x4 

Sorry. Read comment but attention went elsewhere and I forgot due to struggling with a TBI that’s getting worse recently. There was a slight difference. Few mm from what I remember, but short term memory is taking a kicking, so can’t recall exactly what I measured it at. All aligned spot on and drives without issue. 
not long ago fitted a set of powerflex bushes to OEM arms on a friends 280, which felt slightly more solid when driving, but he messaged yesterday to say he though after a long drive he’d heard a one off creak from OSF arm, so is now going to monitor it and see if the noise is actually returning again even with polys fitted. 
other than an oil and filter and new lower arms every year, I’m not sure what the long term answer is to this issue. Everything seems to have problems. 
I know of some who have pressed Solid bushes from S3 into the arms only for the creak to appear again as well. 
so far mine are ok, but long term I’m honestly not holding out hope. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in the same situation now and I can't find superpro bushes also I searched the part number you've posted SuperPro TRC1070 and it says it is not for skoda superb 3v 2015+. Can anyone confirm if they've fit this before or if anyone knows the right part number for the superpro lower control arm. My Skoda is Superb 2015 2.0tdi FWD 140kw.

14 minutes ago, TomSuperb3 said:

I'm in the same situation now and I can't find superpro bushes also I searched the part number you've posted SuperPro TRC1070 and it says it is not for skoda superb 3v 2015+. Can anyone confirm if they've fit this before or if anyone knows the right part number for the superpro lower control arm. My Skoda is Superb 2015 2.0tdi FWD 140kw.

It can be physically fit onto the car. But it doesn't mean it fits the car. 

Superpro doesn't have a lower control arm for Superb (or Passat, Arteon). It should be very easy for you to find superpro poly bushes on eBay. 

29 minutes ago, elfensin said:

It can be physically fit onto the car. But it doesn't mean it fits the car. 

Superpro doesn't have a lower control arm for Superb (or Passat, Arteon). It should be very easy for you to find superpro poly bushes on eBay. 

do you know the part number for it? as it keeps popping up for different cars

31 minutes ago, TomSuperb3 said:

do you know the part number for it? as it keeps popping up for different cars

Just buy the bushes for Golf. Bushes are the same.

5 minutes ago, elfensin said:

Just buy the bushes for Golf. Bushes are the same.

I just found few they are for passat b8 and tiguan it says. it's really confusing with all this websites giving different info.  

Spro-Bush-S200819-I6934

SPF4175K-11

This are the parts number I found, do you think it's the right bush for it?

Thanks 

23 minutes ago, TomSuperb3 said:

I just found few they are for passat b8 and tiguan it says. it's really confusing with all this websites giving different info.  

Spro-Bush-S200819-I6934

SPF4175K-11

This are the parts number I found, do you think it's the right bush for it?

Thanks 

SPF4175K for the front bush. SPK4176K for the rear two bush, or SPL5592K if you upgraded to alloy subframe.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, elfensin said:

SPF4175K for the front bush. SPK4176K for the rear two bush, or SPL5592K if you upgraded to alloy subframe.

Awesome, thanks mate appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had these TRC1070  arms fitted to my 280  along with other bits but this is how wheels are now ...no wheel alignment has been done yet but doubt it will be able to sort such a massive difference 

Messenger_creation_665e9ce4-cc18-4b01-b014-0d3c7f981518.jpeg

Messenger_creation_52d425d4-6704-46e2-8fe4-446e5e817dff.jpeg

As standard you can’t add camber, only even up each side.

As we’ve calculated before, from a front camber point of view, these arms really aren’t suitable. They’re for a golf’s track width.

When the time comes I’ll be fitting the solid rubber bushes either from BFI or a TTS.

Edited by rcblur69