Now I admit this thread might not get much response and maybe for a very select few but here goes......

Looking to make changes to my Octavia SE Sport as you will see from past threads. Mate at work is very into the modified car scene and he has suggested putting some wheel spaces on the car for a relatively cheap change that will change the look of the car, so have been looking through the tinternet to see what's about.

Seems simple enough but he seemed very shocked when I told him that I have wheel bolts holding my wheels on, not threaded hubs!  Looking at the suggested spacers it seems that not only will I need to line the wheel up with the hub but I will also have to line the space up too, which seems like a recipe for some choice words being aimed at random things around the garage 😂😂😂

So has anyone fitted spacers to their cars?

If so which ones did you fit and if non bolted ones, how frustrating was it to fit with the extended bolts?

You need hubcentric spacers as they will have the recess and flange to receive and offer the little lip to interface with the hub and wheel.  Do a search on here for them as there are link in an older thread for quality items from ebay.  Yes they can be a pain to line up.  I have a little ali rod (from amazon) that has the same bolt thread that fit into one of the holes.  It's 4-6 inches long and means you can line everything up, chuck a couple of bolts in the other hols then take the rod out to use for a bolt.  Makes life a lot easier.  It live in my car for the emergency situations.  Do a search for "wheel alignment tool" and select the right thread.  I cant remember if it's 14x 1.25 or 1.5.  The extended bolts make no real difference with how easy they are to fit.  In this instance a bolt's a bolt.  Just make sure it's long enough and the right thread and head shape.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MarkyG82 said:

Do a search for "wheel alignment tool" and select the right thread.  I cant remember if it's 14x 1.25 or 1.5.  

M14 x 1.5  I got one recently to prevent faffing at the side of the road  - £7.50 

• Like 1