Airbag light on after flat battery

Hi all,

I got a new Kodiaq Sportline on the 31st July and then went on holiday the week after. While I was away my father-in-law moved the car and nudged the lights on which then flattened the battery. He called the AA who put some charge back into it. The only adverse affect noticed from this was that there is now an 'airbag error' shown on the dashboard but nothing called out on the info screen in the vehicle section. I had read that the airbag functionality needs a decent charge on the battery but the light has now been there for about a week after it has been driven 50-60 miles.

Any thoughts on remedying this? In the first place it would be good to try and reset the light and see if it then reappears.

Other than that I guess it is a case of heading down to the dealer to get them to check it under warranty?

• 7 months later...

Can I please ask, when your airbag light was on, was there a restriction of the engine revs ? 

I am waiting to get my airbag light put off but in the meantime the engine will not rev over 3000 RPM , that is with blipping the throttle. I am currently not using the car with the airbag light on due to not revving out.  My car is a 2017  2.0 tdi manual box. I am wondering if there is second fault, not linked to the airbag one needing addressed.

Thanks

Have you tried driving the car at all? I believe all these newer skodas have a soft limiter when parked and in neutral which is where your 3k rpm limit may come from

• Like 1

Many thanks for the reply. I will take it down the road to test what you suggest. As there is another car at the house we just use it until the guy comes to delete the airbag light .

Try to erase error codes, for example with OBD11. There are tons of these after disconnecting the battery and lots of stuff do not work properly until you erase these faults.

No need to drive down the road, just roll forwards a few feet and you should then get proper control of the engine revs.

You are in good company, I made the same mistake when rebuilding my accident damaged Yeti, I had not at that stage replaced the deployed airbags or moved the vehicle from where I was working on it and came to the same incorrect conclusion, the forum put me right.

Edited by J.R.