My car just dropped a piece I dont know what it does

I could hear a "tick pause tick pause tick" and then this little white piece fell out near my pedals, I then tried to crawl in and look up and I think it should be where I put the red circle.

But I dont know what that gear turned. Anyone have a  clue?

Also I dont think I am agile enough to put it back in, it was pretty hard just to get down there and look up

23-08-29 19-42-16 4398.jpg

23-08-29 19-41-15 4397.jpg

Edited by Mech0z

• Mech0z changed the title to My car just dropped a piece I dont know what it does

Its the secondary output shaft gear of the tamping wopple 🤣

Enlarging the photograph of the white part still attached to what appears to be the heater casing it looks like the plastic is broken out just above it, perhaps from when the part made its bid for freedom.

I concur with Mech0z

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 1

Yep that’s off the heater flap as you can see. They sometimes jam which has maybe forced it out. Very awkward to push back on but can be done with some perseverance. The longer tooth on the cog needs to align with a longer slot on the motor itself to ensure it’s setup properly  

• Like 2

On 30/08/2023 at 09:24, T07 said:

Yep that’s off the heater flap as you can see. They sometimes jam which has maybe forced it out. Very awkward to push back on but can be done with some perseverance. The longer tooth on the cog needs to align with a longer slot on the motor itself to ensure it’s setup properly  

Seems correct, today I had AC on hot air came out of the 2 leftmost ventilators, the one on the left of the steering wheel and the one on the left in the middle section

6 hours ago, Mech0z said:

Seems correct, today I had AC on hot air came out of the 2 leftmost ventilators, the one on the left of the steering wheel and the one on the left in the middle section

Left hand drive car?

• 2 weeks later...