As a child of the 70's.....

pinkpanther

1 hour ago, @Lee said:

Sounds like you need ...

image.jpeg.8a0317f9f0b7ec1a51be3bbfa595b283.jpeg

Ned Flanders for president.

About half of the US presidents and quite a few other lead politicians have been left handed.

On average more intelligent us lefties but also more likely to go insane, sounds about right, or left.

God and my right, the devil is on the left, hence the nuns make you write right handed even if you are actually leftie.

• Like 1

On 18/09/2023 at 12:47, SteveTheElder said:

Frustratingly, I'm right-handed but left-eyed (and wear specs) - a right PITA when it comes to using a many a things - DSLR, air rifles, archery,...

i only found out very recently that im left eye dominant.. i never knew there a simple test for it.

i spent ages learning how to close my left eye to use my right for sighting stuff. including the few times i was able to get access to some firearms and air air weapons. even nerf guns with nephews :D

• Like 2

I remember seeing a lot of this stuff being around, but we never actually had any of it ourselves apart from cheap cap guns from jumble sales.

First proper pistol was a Webley Hurricane in 1978, which got me laughed at because everyone else had the smaller Tempest... But I still have it to this day.

13 hours ago, toot said:

I am a child of the 60,s.

Sad news about the death of David McCallum. 

My memories are of The man from U.N.C.L.E.

I had a black plastic case with my a toy gun with a silencer and shoulder rest.  Maybe not a Walther P38 but i remember it being pretty much like that.

I had a Badge, wallet and i think a few other bits and pieces.  it must have been bought as a set but i really can not remember when or who i got it from and it might have been some  one like a cousins that i got.

I also had a black polo neck.

I remember wanting to join the Man from U.N.C.L.E. club but you had to get the membership through Playboy and my Mum & Dad not getting me a copy.

EDIT.

Found it. The bottom one.

Screenshot 2023-09-26 09.25.12.png

Screenshot 2023-09-26 09.27.33.png

P08

• Like 1

On 19/09/2023 at 16:50, mac11irl said:

i only found out very recently that im left eye dominant.. i never knew there a simple test for it.

i spent ages learning how to close my left eye to use my right for sighting stuff. including the few times i was able to get access to some firearms and air air weapons. even nerf guns with nephews :D

Yeah it's a doddle to spot when you know how. Lot of people aren't aware of eye dominance. My son is left eye dominant but right handed and had to do archery left handed.

• Like 1