Replacement Battery Recommendations

Good evening,

Just tried to start my Superb and battery is flat to 10 volts.  Probably due a new one as it is over 7 years old.  It is a Moll EFB battery (see attached photo).  Can anyone recommend the ideal replacement please.

Your help would be much appreciated.

IMG_4741.jpeg

This might be suitable, but do check yourself to make sure it is correct.

You can use the Varta battery finder, on Varta's website.

Varta

Edited by Carlston

28 minutes ago, Spacehopper7 said:

Many thanks Carlston,

My existing battery is an EFB battery, is it ok to fit an AGM replacement battery instead?

You can fit AGM instead of EFB.

AGM is better quality than EFB and should last considerably longer.

You might have to code the new battery, although you would need to ask someone else about that.

Edited by Carlston

21 hours ago, Spacehopper7 said:

Many thanks Carlston and Bap33.

I may be able to borrow an OBDeleven to do the coding.

It's an easy 5 minute job on OBD11. If you fit a AGM, change type to fleece, and change capacity as it will probably be higher.

Thank you BillyParker for advising to set type to fleece as I would probably have chosen Binary - AGM.

Car started this morning, went to work (about 18 miles) with radio off etc, but at the end of the day it was completely dead so car left at work until I get a battery.  🤬

26 minutes ago, Spacehopper7 said:

Thank you BillyParker for advising to set type to fleece as I would probably have chosen Binary - AGM.

Car started this morning, went to work (about 18 miles) with radio off etc, but at the end of the day it was completely dead so car left at work until I get a battery.  🤬

I got mine from Tayna batteries last december. Cost £121, may be a bit more now. Ordered in morning and received next day. Google Tayna to get website address.

• Like 1

I bought a battery without realising there is no numbers for coding it. After online research I just coded I think 1111111111 and it worked just fine. Nut sure was it 11 or 10 numbers. Hope it helps just in case if you make same mistake as I did.

I changed the long code to the date with leading zeros to fill it, ie today 2 Oct 23 would be0000021023. So then you have a record of when battery was replaced.

Of course If the capacity is higher than original, change that also, and change type from EFB to Fleece which is the name Skoda uses for AGM

Good afternoon,

Just fitted the new battery and went to code with an obdeleven, but states that the battery adaptation is a licensed feature and to upgrade to Pro or Ultimate Plan.  Can I access the battery adaptation with credits or  do I have to pay towards one of the plans?

I have the Pro plan and had no problems with coding the battery, so looks like you will need to upgrade to that. I got mine in July last year, cost £107 and still have 298 days left before renewal.  I reckon it was worth it, I have done a few one click ops, found a problem with memory seats, so saved cost of dealer scan, and coded battery.