1.4 PHEV - 100 mile first oil change?

Finally got my PHEV estate and loving it so far.

I have noticed however on the app and on the infotainment screen that it is saying it is due an oil change in 100 miles (was delivered with 8 miles on the clock). I have been Googling but can't seem to find this mentioned anywhere, is this normal/correct?

Thanks in advance 

Screenshot_2023-10-27-14-57-10-64_85ef236adec9730d72107b289b7c5082.jpg

• Like 1

Mine was the same on delivery. 

they reset it when it went in for the battery level gauge being frozen at empty from new. 

it took them 22 months to build and deliver the car but they couldn’t find ten mins before handing it over to check it. 

• Sad 1
  • Groan 1

Fixed Oil & Filter services with the 1.4 TSI PHEV so 9,400 miles / 372 days it should have been set at the PDI. 

Ask if the PDI was lax what about the transport blocks and they are sure they are removed.

Check the tyre pressures, see if set safe and not over inflated.  Set to your use, and rest the TPMS.  Set that even if you do not adjust them/

Check where the coolant is.

Check the Oil level cold, unstarted engine and as you should, @ operating tempaerature, so near 90*oC indicated, parked on the flat and a few minutes after switching off.

PS

Have them put the Oil Service & Service inspection at the same period.  1 year.   

Edited by Rooted
  • Like 4

What it means is they didn't complete the PDI, or skipped parts of it.  Clearly someone falsified the record if they signed it off as complete (100% done).

Your problem is you don't know what other parts weren't done, did they check wheel nut torque or tyre pressures etc.  

Because you have evidence that PDI wasn't finished, perfectly reasonable to make them do whole PDI again on grounds it wasn't fully done, and they can't be sure something else wasn't missed.  If they moan just say it's their poor staff training or quality control, so it's their problem to fix at their cost.  Say both you and dealer are agreeing that the PDI completion certificate must have been issued falsely as PDI was not finished.  If they really moan suggest they ask the dealers managing Director if he prefers you raising falsification with Skoda UK than them redoing PDI

• Like 2

& it is fair to expect them to send out their Master Tech to check the car & reset the Service Indicator and be sure the car is not in Transit  mode.

Or they can just cover your cost / expense of visiting the Dealership.  They know their hourly rate.  Good for the Goose is good for the gander, 

they might prefer a Gesture and the First 'Oil & Inspection service' being free to you. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Heppie89 said:

Finally got my PHEV estate and loving it so far.

I have noticed however on the app and on the infotainment screen that it is saying it is due an oil change in 100 miles (was delivered with 8 miles on the clock). I have been Googling but can't seem to find this mentioned anywhere, is this normal/correct?

Thanks in advance 

Screenshot_2023-10-27-14-57-10-64_85ef236adec9730d72107b289b7c5082.jpg

What is the name of the app? I got mine 2 days ago.

Thanks for all the advice people.

My only complication is that it is a lease car provided by a dealer a long way from my location. I will ring the lease company and hopefully they can get it booked into my local dealer for the service to be set correctly and a once over.

• Like 1

On 28/10/2023 at 21:36, Heppie89 said:

Thanks for all the advice people.

My only complication is that it is a lease car provided by a dealer a long way from my location. I will ring the lease company and hopefully they can get it booked into my local dealer for the service to be set correctly and a once over.

if everything else is working ok and booking into a dealership is a problem, you should be able to reset the service and/or oil change interval yourself by pressing the right buttons on the steering wheel or dash

google is your friend

i could tell you how to do it for the superb but octavia maybe different

@Heppie89was it delivered on a transporter.    They are on Variable / flexible servicing so 18,000-20,000 miles /24 months unless changed maybe because of a service plan to fixed so 9,400 miles / 372 days.  Maybe because the lease company wants that.   I think your car is in Transit mode.    The lease company or the supplying dealer do just need to arrange that at no inconvenience to you it is set for the cars Service Records.  Local dealership or someone coming out to the car.  

• Like 1

On 03/11/2023 at 05:58, Rooted said:

@Heppie89was it delivered on a transporter.    They are on Variable / flexible servicing so 18,000-20,000 miles /24 months unless changed maybe because of a service plan to fixed so 9,400 miles / 372 days.  Maybe because the lease company wants that.   I think your car is in Transit mode.    The lease company or the supplying dealer do just need to arrange that at no inconvenience to you it is set for the cars Service Records.  Local dealership or someone coming out to the car.  

It was delivered on a single car flatbed. The inspection is set to 20k/2 years only the oil change was set to 100 miles/1 year.

It was booked into my local dealer by the lease company to get this corrected but they refused to do it. They said it needed to go back to the dealer that supplied/PDI'd it. However the supplying dealer said it doesn't so I'm currently in limbo on getting it sorted, what fun!

• Like 1