Drive modes - what do they do?

In the infotainment settings under 'driver assistance' there are various 'modes' ranging from eco to sport. Mine has been in comfort from day one.

Can anyone confirm if the sport setting  makes any difference on a non-DCC, manual car?  Not sure I can discern any difference.

The driving mode will usually change:

The accelerator pedal mapping

The DSG shifting profile & use of coasting

Steering wheel assistance

Air conditioning

As mentioned by MartiniB you should normally be able to feel the difference in the steering assistance & depending on how you drive in the responsiveness from the accelerator pedal (in sport mode the accelerating should be more aggressive for the same percentage of pedal travel).

I'm yet to really try this in my Superb but in the Octavia the difference was quite subtle but should be noticeable between the extreme (eco to sport).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Played around with it yesterday, could not detect anything in relation to steering weight but think the car was quicker in sport, less eager to shift into Eco 2 cylinder mode. Can't believe it has taken me six years to start playing with this!

12 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

I was under the impression that comfort mode was only on DCC equiped cars?

+1

Comfort mode is only available on cars with DCC suspension.

Otherwise it's just Eco, Normal, Sport for Driving Modes.

Without DCC....

14307049_images(25).jpeg.f98582b345e6fe62a00d6a140ca6e9f3.jpeg

With DCC.....

1257007157_images(26).jpeg.1080d82af39228ebb8c61fe7ec48465d.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

My Octavia 3/G-Tec/DSC/year 2020 has modes

Eco

Comfort

Normal

Sport

Those can be selected under Driver Assistance menu. So I should have DCC?

But I don't have Individual setting. Nor do I see any information about selected mode in infotainment or dash display. Is there something I have missed? However, I do notice the change in  steering  assistance between Sport and other modes.

We’ve had our Karoq since May last year and yet it’s only in the last month I’ve played around with the drive modes. I’m now using Eco for local stuff, popping to the shops etc Normal is then selected when the road speeds are a little higher and Sport when on a motorway or similar. Yet to use Individual. 
Most notable differences are the speed when pulling away from stationary, more instantaneous acceleration and the steering assistance. Difficult to say about mpg as my driving varies week in week out. Obviously this would be easier to gauge if I were still working and using the car on the same  journey day to day