How to play music

Hi, I have today picked up a new L&K which I believe to have the Columbus MIB2.5 unit. My old Columbus did have a cd player and 2 sd card slots which alas the new car does not. Is there any way I can play my collection using my sd cards via the usb slots in the new car. When I link a dongle to the car the media player does hot recognise the files. I do not want to play these via my phone as the collection is too vast for the memory. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

12 minutes ago, superbrex said:

Hi, I have today picked up a new L&K which I believe to have the Columbus MIB2.5 unit. My old Columbus did have a cd player and 2 sd card slots which alas the new car does not. Is there any way I can play my collection using my sd cards via the usb slots in the new car. When I link a dongle to the car the media player does hot recognise the files. I do not want to play these via my phone as the collection is too vast for the memory. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Transfer the music from the sd cards to usb sticks/thumb drives or there are SD card adaptors available.

Making sure you use the usb port that is used for data, some are power only?

49 minutes ago, Stonekeeper said:

Transfer the music from the sd cards to usb sticks/thumb drives or there are SD card adaptors available.

Making sure you use the usb port that is used for data, some are power only?

I'll try to reformat the card, it is currently in an adapter connected to the usb c socket in the car. The files are  currently organised by artist then album so will play around with that too. Thanks for the info

27 minutes ago, Stonekeeper said:

Wow that's some reading on the thread, looks like the old system was more forgiving to use. Nothing like an upgrade to confuse an oldie!

2 hours ago, superbrex said:

I'll try to reformat the card, it is currently in an adapter connected to the usb c socket in the car. The files are  currently organised by artist then album so will play around with that too. Thanks for the info

There should be a usb slot in the centre console. This is the one I use to play music. I think all other usb’s in the car are for charging only. 

10 hours ago, superbrex said:

I'll try to reformat the card, it is currently in an adapter connected to the usb c socket in the car. 

USB-C indicates u have a MIB3 unit, not an MIB2.5.

12 hours ago, superbrex said:

17014405326124685511531742042197.thumb.jpg.dabbccf59e75ed00db5e15684e27879d.jpg

I am sure this is an mib2.5?

Yes, I'm sure.

On the surface, MIB2.5 and MIB3 screens look the same.

MIB2 and MIB2.5 do not use/have USB-C slots.  They can't as it's a different protocol.  They can only USB-A.

USB-C was introduced with the MIB3 units.

Hence if ur car has factory fitted USB-C ports, it's MIB3..... simple.

Edited by JR RS

Thank you for the clarification. I finally sorted the problem it was a faulty card reader causing the problem, purchased another and it works. Don't suppose anyone knows if you can import points of interest ( speed cameras) onto this head unit!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, superbrex said:

if you can import points of interest ( speed cameras) onto this head unit

no 😞

even radio stations logos manual upload option has been gone in Mib3 when compare to mine previous Mib2H

On 03/12/2023 at 16:16, Gabbo said:

Is there an inbuilt storage of the MIB3 where you can copy your files like the "jukebox" feature from the MIB1? 

Not as far as I know. The problem is the port does not read the sd card

On 03/12/2023 at 07:45, MartiniB said:

no 😞

even radio stations logos manual upload option has been gone in Mib3 when compare to mine previous Mib2H

😭😭