"Foot off the Accelerator" Message in VC

Neily03

2 minutes ago, mccririck said:

I don't even understand why it's saying that.

It usually does it when approaching roundabouts and also displays a graphic of a roundabout. 

14 minutes ago, Neily03 said:

It usually does it when approaching roundabouts and also displays a graphic of a roundabout. 

But surely if you thought it was appropriate to take your foot off you would have done so.

• Like 1

Eco tips switched on and back off again and all options in the factory satnav switch off (I use google maps anyway) and I still get the message.  Never mind, it's a very minor annoyance in an otherwise great car.

13 hours ago, mccririck said:

But surely if you thought it was appropriate to take your foot off you would have done so.

I think you must understand that the car is in charge; not you! Remember, Skoda (and others) are aiming towards autonomous cars and we are the guinea pigs. These so-called eco tips drive me wild. 55 years of driving and my car treats me like a novice 😠 .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Neily03 said:

Eco tips switched on and back off again and all options in the factory satnav switch off (I use google maps anyway) and I still get the message.  Never mind, it's a very minor annoyance in an otherwise great car.

Must be switched off in two different places.

IMG_20231219_153533.thumb.jpg.e2f18cd790e82470545d0e7831583c3d.jpgIMG_20231219_153551.thumb.jpg.91387e5faee60d08a74b40cfdde42818.jpg

4 hours ago, Sir_Ron_Norris said:

I think you must understand that the car is in charge; not you! Remember, Skoda (and others) are aiming towards autonomous cars and we are the guinea pigs. These so-called eco tips drive me wild. 55 years of driving and my car treats me like a novice 😠 .

If they are so annoying, why don't you just turn them off?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, skomaz said:

What's under the driver alert system menu?  I'd expect that to be a more likely place for it.

Not really. Driver Alert System (tiredness monitor) reminds you to take breaks after so many hours. Checks whether you're having trouble staying in the lane and so on. I've never had it alert me.

I think there's just the option to enable or disable it under its menu.

IMG_20231219_163238.thumb.jpg.f1f399062788ecba7f3b580cc29d416a.jpg

Edited by Jorgeminator

1 hour ago, Jorgeminator said:

Must be switched off in two different places.

IMG_20231219_153551.thumb.jpg.91387e5faee60d08a74b40cfdde42818.jpg

Cheers, I suspect that's the one as it's also shows that icon on the VC at the same time.  Took me a bit of searching to find, it's a bit hidden.  Hopefully that's sorted it now 😃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jorgeminator said:

Turn them off? Only to find they come on again at every subsequent start-up. And have you ever wondered about the bright sparks at Skoda who dream up this unnecessary stuff just so they can charge more money? It surprises me that I have come so far (and others, too, I guess) in my driving career without the need for all this electronic frippery.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Sir_Ron_Norris said:

Turn them off? Only to find they come on again at every subsequent start-up. And have you ever wondered about the bright sparks at Skoda who dream up this unnecessary stuff just so they can charge more money? It surprises me that I have come so far (and others, too, I guess) in my driving career without the need for all this electronic frippery.

The eco tips stay disabled. I don't know what you're ranting about.

Edited by Jorgeminator
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1