Matrix LED issue

mrJH

Hi Folks,

I recently got my SEL first edition 2 weeks ago. I attempted the use the AFL function. I am constantly getting flashed and its is really distracting as the dots of lights keep dancing like a disco on and off around the road.. The function is not smooth like my previous car albeit AFL Xenon.

It is booking into Skoda in Milton Keynes, but I was wondering if there were any settings which might need to be changed ect.

TIA

No, there are no options you can change.

If ou are being flashed contantly, it means that your matrix's can be miscalibrated. Calibration is only possible at service center with proper tools.

As for it being distracting - i notice the "dance", but i do not find it distractig. So either your lamps dance more due to some technical issue, or you are just more sensitive to it.

IF you can get it calibrated (i know not all delarships have tools and know how to do that), you will see if situation (also with "dancing") is improved. Hopefuly yes.

• Like 2

the dancing may be caused by reflections that are picked up by the sensor. Road  signs etc.

I only use my matrix in out of town country roads and they seem to work fine for me.

I do get the odd flash but that can be on low beam as well. 

Hope you get it sorted.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TomUK said:

the dancing may be caused by reflections that are picked up by the sensor. Road  signs etc.

I only use my matrix in out of town country roads and they seem to work fine for me.

I do get the odd flash but that can be on low beam as well. 

Hope you get it sorted.

If its is a case of reflections, then clearly the system would have been tested for it to detect signs.

It is booked in with Skoda on 1st January so will see what they come up with.

Cheers

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mrJH said:

If its is a case of reflections, then clearly the system would have been tested for it to detect signs.

It was tested. When camera detects reflection from any sign it will dim segment that is lightning it, so that you are not dazzled by reflection.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Matrix LED misalignment was one of the major reasons for rejecting my Octavia a few years back. The workshop at the time would just park it against an MOT test wall and say everything was working. Hopefully they've got better now...

Take a look at my thread on this issue here

My car is finally sorted. It required re-calibration of the camera, and that has to be done with specific equipment that many Skoda dealers do not have. Marshall Skoda Letchworth had to take it down to their Volkswagen dealer which does have the equipment, but for some reason they have use the equipment with a laptop loaded with Skoda software.

I think the Skoda dealer in Milton Keynes is also Marshall. If you get any trouble with them, or get fobbed off about how they took it to an MOT testing station to check the levels, insist they get the camera re-calibrated, and to call their Letchworth branch for details on getting it done. The dealer commented yesterday that they've had to do a few re-calibrations on cameras recently.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

After a very long winded saga with it is still not resolved. January booking did not happen and went in February, but they said it required a software update. It is going in to Marshall in Letchworth on Wednesday so I will talk to them about completing recalibrations as well as the software update.

@JamesK thanks for the link. Feeling confident they will solve it.