Radio stations Logos database updates

They should do but the systems people are frightened users will make it work better so handicap it from user access.  They haven't got the big resources of Apple or Google to produce systems that work well and lock them down so they aren't open so they can't be improved.

They had a contract chasing down the mib2 enthusiasts trying to close down their distribution website. Corporate thing of managers not understanding IT.

Connected cars of mib3 and the new system interface of MQB Evo which was like a pack of cards balancing. The VAG group resource VW to sort out the issues but leave Skoda and Seat till last. Not sure where Audi are on that one. Perhaps they never got MQB Evo.

Personally I think diesel gate led to them skimping on QA of systems and that goes through till today and the current model range problems. Pretty daft thing to do to try to evade US pollution law with a diesel car. Americans aren't stupid so looked to see how they were achieving it. More science than anything else.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have a 23 plate octavia with 10” touchscreen.

Can the radio logos be updated? Tried Skoda update portal but didnt work.

Also what is the touchscreen version called?

confused!

54 minutes ago, Weeguy said:

Didnt work

Now we get into whether it read the USB and whether the radio serial file incremented. As been said there as missing radio logos still in the file or put another way, not in the file. A further chance that the part code of the unit isnt in the file. It was in MartiniB's why it worked.

This is where I like to say do it this way rather than take the high road. If you used a Mac you'd need to use CleanMyDrive to get out Mac rubbish which will trip validation. 

1 minute ago, Tell said:

Now we get into whether it read the USB and whether the radio serial file incremented. As been said there as missing radio logos still in the file or put another way, not in the file. A further chance that the part code of the unit isnt in the file. It was in MartiniB's why it worked.

This is where I like to say do it this way rather than take the high road. If you used a Mac you'd need to use CleanMyDrive to get out Mac rubbish which will trip validation. 

Used windows, it recognised usb-c but produced error message in engineering menu. Will try again tomorrow and take photo of error screen

14 hours ago, Tell said:

Didnt work. Update screen not shown when usb connected.

in engineering page , usb c detected but error message generated 

IMG_7575.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Weeguy said:

Didnt work. Update screen not shown when usb connected.

in engineering page , usb c detected but error message generated 

IMG_7575.jpeg

Over to MartiniB... perhaps it didnt find the part and fell off the end of the script. Historically VW didn't always get all the part codes in for the unit variants of mib2. Possibly a variant of mib3. Worked on MartiniB's thou. It seemed to me they had padded out each VW part with a Skoda part... or it was suppose to be run under a different option.

3 minutes ago, Tell said:

Did you follow this PDF

https://www.phonostar.de/download/vw/MQB3_Stationlogos_CustomerUpdate.pdf

Line 86 is closing the parentheses... feels like the old days of Algol 😉... just wondered whether you followed the instructions, if you did, it probably didn't find the Skoda part descriptor of your unit... any one ?.

Yes followed PDF.

14 minutes ago, Weeguy said:

Yes followed PDF.

Well it's going to be that your particular unit is left out I reckon. It's those variants that are the units. Gets a line or so from the bottom and drops out.

{
    "Manifest": "1.0.0",
    "PackageName": "MIB3_CU_STDB_MULTIREL",
    "PackageType": "multirelease",
    "PackageVersion": "1.0.0",
    "Variant": [
        "FM3-S-NDWBY4-EE-SK-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-S-NDWBY4-EE-SK-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-S-NDWBY4-EE-VW-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-S-NDWBY4-EE-VW-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-S-NDWBY4-EU-SK-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-S-NDWBY4-EU-SK-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-S-NDWBY4-EU-VW-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-S-NDWBY4-EU-VW-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-S-NDWBY4-R2-SK-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-S-NDWBY4-R2-VW-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-S-NDWBY4-RW-SK-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-S-NDWBY4-RW-VW-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-S-NDWBY4-W2-SK-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-S-NDWBY4-W2-VW-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-S-NWBY4-R2-SK-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-S-NWBY4-R2-SK-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-S-NWBY4-R2-VW-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-S-NWBY4-R2-VW-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-S-NWBY4-RW-SK-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-S-NWBY4-RW-SK-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-S-NWBY4-RW-VW-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-S-NWBY4-RW-VW-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-S-NWBY4-W2-SK-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-S-NWBY4-W2-SK-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-S-NWBY4-W2-VW-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-S-NWBY4-W2-VW-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-S-NWBY4-W3-SK-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-S-NWBY4-W3-SK-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-EE-SK-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-EE-SK-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-EE-VW-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-EE-VW-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-EU-SK-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-EU-SK-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-EU-VW-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-EU-VW-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-RW-SK-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-RW-VW-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-W2-SK-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-W2-VW-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NWBY4-R2-SK-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NWBY4-R2-SK-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NWBY4-R2-VW-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NWBY4-R2-VW-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NWBY4-RW-SK-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NWBY4-RW-SK-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NWBY4-RW-VW-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NWBY4-RW-VW-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NWBY4-W2-SK-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NWBY4-W2-SK-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NWBY4-W2-VW-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NWBY4-W2-VW-MQB-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NWBY4-W3-SK-MQ2-PC",
        "FM3-SM-NWBY4-W3-SK-MQB-PC"
    ],
    "Includes": [
        {
            "PackageName": "StationLogoDB_1.31.42_EU_ZR3_MQB_sec/main.mnf",
            "DisplayName": "MIB3 OI JND RSDB v1.31.48 Europe",
            "Variant": [
                "FM3-S-NWBY4-RW-SK-MQB-PC",
                "FM3-S-NWBY4-RW-VW-MQB-PC",
                "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-EE-SK-MQB-PC",
                "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-EE-VW-MQB-PC",
                "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-EU-SK-MQB-PC",
                "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-EU-VW-MQB-PC",
                "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-RW-SK-MQB-PC",
                "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-RW-VW-MQB-PC",
                "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-W2-SK-MQB-PC",
                "FM3-SM-NDWBY4-W2-VW-MQB-PC",
                "FM3-SM-NWBY4-R2-SK-MQB-PC",
                "FM3-SM-NWBY4-R2-VW-MQB-PC",
                "FM3-SM-NWBY4-RW-SK-MQB-PC",
                "FM3-SM-NWBY4-RW-VW-MQB-PC",
                "FM3-SM-NWBY4-W2-SK-MQB-PC",
                "FM3-SM-NWBY4-W2-VW-MQB-PC",
                "FM3-SM-NWBY4-W3-SK-MQB-PC"
            ]
        },
    ]
}

Where's a programmer when you need one 😂. The include list is less than the variant list so it only covers a subset of variants. That's my reading of that code. Whether your unit is on the declared list at the top, pass. But it's not on the include list for sure.

Any advance on that anyone.

The RW will be rest of the world variants. EU - EU. EE - Easter Europe etc. Other regions.

VW and SK, VW and Skoda. No Seat as we said.

You just have to try it and see whether it works or not. That's the conclusion that can be drawn from this.

• 3 weeks later...

@MartiniB do you want to give me a heads up when they publish their next release. Previous one have had Seat part identifiers in them this one didn't.

Ought to be a pinned thread I reckon.

@Tell

i have add also Phonostar adreses to my maps updates daily checking script

can you share release with Seat devices support?

also, have you made research from which version they have changed aspect ratio from 3:4 to 1:1,

for Mib2 devices it isn't optimal at all

20240116_koda_Kodiaq_2018_03_50p.thumb.jpg.0f68450d88286f34ae8a738fab2c3137.jpg

• Like 1

On 05/01/2024 at 14:52, MartiniB said:

missing stations are equal in both tested databases (Superb Mk3.FL and Enyaq)

but last one contains more relevant logos

Superb Mk3.FL 2023

107281899_20240103_koda_Superb_2023_05_25p.jpg.b2e4984dc4aec20eed5eae77bff06ea8.jpg

previously i have reported about Mid3 compilation contains less relevant pictures,

that weren't correct info -

in later experiments, i got this how to, for logos which are changed:

1. them must be deleted from Menu -> Logos

2. reboot head unit by long press of power button

3. add new logo under Menu -> Logos

• Like 1

Once the SE descriptor appears in those files I can share with Seat users. The ones originally published didn't have the Seat descriptor so people drew a blank. I unplanned it. If however we get a working file I'll pin it up on the Seatcupra UK site. There was a French Seat site that had been experimenting but had drawn a blank. Seat seems to be the poor relative of Vag at the minute.

• ColinD pinned this topic

I thought I'd share my experience with an Australian/RoW MIB3/MOI3 unit.

From factory the radio station logos are disabled and I don't believe Australia is included in the database or ever has been.

By default, radio database just displays as blank, but changing function_configuration_radio-Station_Logo_DB_Mode setting in 5F gets the radio database version to display and allows you to apply the update via USB as described in the original post.

This can be done using OBDeleven or similar. You can find more information on this setting in this Ross Tech forum thread.

My hope was that this file might also contain Gracenote information which could provide cover art for music played on radio stations. 5F has options for local and online Gracenote cover art. However, as I'm in a region without Skoda Connect (nor the hardware) I'd need a local Gracenotes database update - although I'm not sure one exists.

Does anyone know if there is a Gracenote database update package? They existed for Audi models previously. 

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

Thanks for the interesting stuff. @MartiniB is probably your man to keep an eye open for Gracenotes database. Russian sites seem to trawl Audi servers so something might come up either via those sites then appears on mib solutions website where files get parked. I don't believe connect services are established in some of the East European countries and Middle East so that flag set may be useful to them as well.

On 12/04/2024 at 17:42, Tell said:

Thanks for the interesting stuff. @MartiniB is probably your man to keep an eye open for Gracenotes database. Russian sites seem to trawl Audi servers so something might come up either via those sites then appears on mib solutions website where files get parked. I don't believe connect services are established in some of the East European countries and Middle East so that flag set may be useful to them as well.

Yep. Middle East VRS here. We dont have Skoda connect. Nor do we have driver profile and stuff.. 

• Like 1