No voice control

Hi, hopefully someone can give me some help or point me in the right direction. After having my Octavia for only about 4 days, the voice control just doesn't work. I have tried a factory reset and it made no difference. It won't work on the button or using the "ok Laura'. When I press the button I just get what looks like a spinning loading icon around a car.

20240118_181615.jpg

2 hours ago, TezzaR said:

Hi, hopefully someone can give me some help or point me in the right direction. After having my Octavia for only about 4 days, the voice control just doesn't work. I have tried a factory reset and it made no difference. It won't work on the button or using the "ok Laura'. When I press the button I just get what looks like a spinning loading icon around a car.

20240118_181615.jpg

What version software are you on?

33 minutes ago, RADIOTWO said:

get the dealer to update should be 1941

Seems somewhat confusing but apparently version 1940 is exactly the same as version 1941, it’s just the version number that  comes straight off the production line.  Version 1941 is the one that is associated with the incremental update path.

Edited by spcdust
  • Like 1

Some where along the way Hey Laura ceased being able to change my radio stations. I have 1941 software version.

Frankly this is just another of the infotainment issues that plague the VAG and my car on an almost daily basis. After two happy decades with Skodas, I’ll not be looking for another one.

There is deffinately some bug issues in the software as the lane assist is always on even when I have turned it off. I will need to try the dealership but on other threads I'm not confident. 

Got same issue with my car. Voice control is broken again. 

Does nothing but spin no matter how you select it. Laura does not respond.

I'm on 1941 Software. Was able to get it working last time by doing a full reset to factory settings. But think it breaks during one of the many updates that seem to appear after the reset.

Need to get it into the dealer for investigation

• Like 1

I have never, ever managed to get the inbuilt voice control to do anything useful at all... Would rather have it switched off completely as then it wouldn't go off randomly when it thinks you're trying to talk to it and you aren't!

TBQH you haven't missed much. I find the voice control erratic at best and utterly hopeless at worst. It's one of the things that should be done away with as it's erratic & often erroneous behaviour can actually be very much a distraction when it does something that is unexpected.