1.9 PD Rocker cover leak?

I would appreciate some feedback on the cure to a rocker cover leak.

I have the original Skoda cover which is bowed and leaks down the rear of the engine on the tandem pump side.  I have already re fitted it with a new gasket and added additional silicone on retaining bolt seals plus additional silicone around the main gasket. 

Time for a new aftermarket cover which I notice have additional ribs to stop distortion.  Can anyone recommend a manufacturer and is the any tips on fitting?

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please help me. I'm trying to find within Techies downloads, the fitting instructions for the PD rocker cover. I've seen one for a latter Golf and it gives tightening sequence and location for additional silicone.

Not sure if there's anything useful in the official workshop manual, but maybe worth a look.

MK1 Fabia workshop manuals - SKODA Fabia - BRISKODA

Eleventh file in list. Engine mechanicals 1.9-74kW

Oil leakage may be a symptom of underlying faults with the crankcase ventilation system, causing excess pressure.

Edited by Breezy_Pete

No joy but thanks Breezy_Pete. I have just found what I believe is the procedure for a PD engine. The bolt torque is 10Nm

IMG_20240204_093214.jpg.66757bdd68121ec1d26220840c16003d.jpg

IMG_20240204_093125.jpg.5dc509cad800e26c7ffe84f4c4e201ed.jpg

The procedure is engine dependant, not vehicle dependant so the Golf instructions will be fine.

10NM is very low and many Fisher-Price torque wrenches used by amateurs don't go that low, this is often why the covers end up distorted.

You make a very good point with my original cover having about 2mm distortion and I have read of people stripping threads...... New aftermarket cover going on this week and I will be using a 1/4 drive torque wrench but not a Fisher Price one! Bit by bit my oil consumption is dropping