Cost of Rear Dampers 😳

Hi all, I’ve just been quoted nearly £600 to replace both rear shocks? Is that the price these days? Holy crap that was a surprise. 

anyone had them changed recently? 

Are they DCC dampers? (Dynamic chassis contol) - they have an electrical plug on them.

If not, go to a trusted independent and they should cost less than half that.

Are they leaking or simply misting a little? Misting is not an MOT failure and is considered normal.

1 minute ago, xman said:

Are they DCC dampers? (Dynamic chassis contol) - they have an electrical plug on them.

If not, go to a trusted independent and they should cost less than half that.

Are they leaking or simply misting a little? Misting is not an MOT failure and is considered normal.

Not that I’m aware as ŠKODA never mentioned DCC. 

They are leaking, this was shown during a service I had done on the weekend. I can really tell with the handling too. Has made a huge difference. 

Thanks for your help. 

If they are non DCC that is way too much. Shocks are around €200 (Monroe) and fitting is straightforward. Should be more than €400.  No need to bring this to Skoda, any independent can fix this for you.

1 hour ago, Esseesse200 said:

You could buy a full set of mini special actives for that. 100% do that and it’ll improve the ride quality no end 

Say what? Link to whatever those are?

On 05/02/2024 at 18:15, Pirate_Pete said:

Not that I’m aware as ŠKODA never mentioned DCC. 

They are leaking, this was shown during a service I had done on the weekend. I can really tell with the handling too. Has made a huge difference. 

Thanks for your help. 

Get an Indy to give you a price for bilstein b4 (oem spec) and new rubber bump stops/mounts. Do check the condition of the springs too as they can rust and snap or just get tired. The labour is most of the cost.

£600 feels like the price for a full set of springs/dampers all around, albeit that might be a bit higher these days.

Edited by cheezemonkhai