Kamiq not connecting to Connect services

Robbo52

I recently bought a low mileage 2020 Kamiq and purchased the Connect services. Most of the time, the My Skoda app cannot find my car when it is parked on the drive and says it's unlocked when it isn't. Neither can it lock or unlock the vehicle. Skoda are puzzled. No software update is waiting to be installed and I have it booked into the dealership to investigate this and the frequent disappearance of the map display behind the steering wheel.

It then occurred to me that where I live has pretty poor mobile network reception. Could this account for the issues? I'm going to try it in built-up areas to check. What network does the eSim use?

I wouldn't rule out the poor reception given the false info about locking it and not finding the car but did you know that the lock / unlock feature needs an app setting to be authorised by your Skoda service garage?

They need the registered car owners proof of ID and (I wish I could remember) some unique number that I think is to do with the app registration, sorry what ever that was escapes me.

It's also worth taking both keys incase there are other things to finalise on the app that haven't been done.

Also have you allowed the app access to your location from the settings on your device that has the app installed? (Phone?)

I have no idea about the map setting.

Edited by Stoker

Thanks, Stoker.  Yes, I’ve been through the dealership authorisation. The puzzling thing is that it works intermittently rather than not at all.

• Like 1