My Skoda app missing doors and lights

Is it me or did the latest update (iOS) of the MySkoda app break it? I can see the car and can get the outside temp for example but I no longer see the doors and lights section. Assuming it’s a simple one, is this feature free for ever or something you need to renew? I mean my dads 2021 Kia has this kind of tech as standard with nothing to pay to keep it going. My car is probably 90 days old so I wonder if it simply isn’t free and a trial expired or something? Thanks in advance. 

• Like 2

Response to my email on this is below…

Unfortunately we are facing an unplanned outage of Škoda Connect services. Please try again later as our technical team is working on resolving the problem as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

However is also now back up and running it would seem!

Thanks all, the web portal worked fine during the time so I should really have tried that before posting :) Can anyone confirm if this is free for ever, or is it only for the first year? I don't really want to pay for something I use only when paranoid in bed wondering if I locked the car!

On 16/05/2023 at 10:39, Andy585 said:

Perhaps unrelated, but my car prompted me to become the primary user (even though I was already the primary user).   I selected crack on, and when I later checked the app, all functions were back to normal. 

Like the others, I have found that this app for iPhone has lost pretty much all functionality for my Octavia TDI  (unless I want to operate the ventilation). No seeing if the doors/windows are open (let alone locking/closing), no flash & honk, no AdBlu indicator, no mileage remaining, etc.  Skoda sent back a vague reassurance when I contacted them (they are "working on it") and suggested I try calling the app helpline (+44 844 372 8731, for anyone who wants to waste a chunk of their life).

The lass I spoke with when I called that number seemed unaware of any problems and effectively patronised me ("are you sure you have installed the app correctly?"). The "reassurance" given seemed to be "of course we will have it back up and working correctly very soon, you silly man, why on earth have you bothered me?" For an app that is pay-for after the first year (with a renewal that costs £36.00  a year) this is ridiculous.

The SkodaConnect works on my desktop computer but the MySkoda Essentials app remains a 213Mb waste of space on my iPhone, and recent Reviews on the App Store show that only a few Enyaq users are currently using it trouble-free

On 18/05/2023 at 07:32, thommo41 said:

Thanks all, the web portal worked fine during the time so I should really have tried that before posting :) Can anyone confirm if this is free for ever, or is it only for the first year? I don't really want to pay for something I use only when paranoid in bed wondering if I locked the car!

The apps are only free for the first year. After that the Care Connect services are £36.00 and the Infotainment Online services (navigation) are £44.00. That is, I think, VERY steep for services which are unavailable for much of the time.

Out of curiosity I decided to try the Ventilation function of the app. I got the response, "Unable To Connect To Vehicle. Please Try Again Later."

My App froze in time...

The app shows the status of the car in 17 May, after that I dont have any atualization from all the screens, State of Vehicle, mileage,etc...

The care connect only expires in July for me.

On 25/05/2023 at 10:36, Kikolf said:

My App froze in time...

The app shows the status of the car in 17 May, after that I dont have any atualization from all the screens, State of Vehicle, mileage,etc...

The care connect only expires in July for me.

The app is the worst ever, free for one year... that annoys me as it works 50/50 % of the time and they want you to pay £36 for it, the Tesla app is free and far superior, I aint tight as we have a Model Y and a Skoda Octy iv hybrid and would happily pay £36 for the app if it was as good as the Tesla app. I paid for another year and then after 3 weeks asked for a refund and received it.