Karoq front badge

jOnNYtURboFiNGaz

Hi im new here, ive just bought a karoq sportline in graphite grey, i really dont like chrome but the front badge seems to come in chrome when everything else is black, why do they do that!? ive seen some nice ones in black but your looking at around £50 for one front badge, is there any other badges available that anyone knows of? thanks

Like you OP we have a Sportline and I recall the dealer saying the model was distinguished by the dark badges. But why then have a chrome badge on the front? 

It is balanced by the chrome exhaust trim on the back, I suppose. I know on some of my previous cars forum members have plastic dipped badges and trim, so may be an option, but may not work with the cameo style front badge. It may end up looking like a Vauxhall badge, and that would never do!

16 hours ago, Choclab said:

It may end up looking like a Vauxhall badge, and that would never do!

(((Shudders@Vauxhall mention)))

• 2 weeks later...

Just started the chrome delete process. This is what I have done so far: badges(from Kopacek, former Superskoda) and front grill.

The prices of the badges are high but good quality.

20240225_153950.jpg

20240213_153317.jpg

Screenshot_20240226_105159_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

We already have black lettering, rear badge and front grill so that black bonnet badge would finish it off nicely. Does the badge pull off and the new one plug in or is it all glued down? 

The badge has a double side tape already install it. I remove the old badge using a hair dryer and a plastic card. It came out very easy. I then remove the remaining glue with a sticky remover spray. The badge comes with a cleaning napkin which I used after I have clean the glue. I have also purchased a primer from the Kopacek to activate the glue better. The badge has 3 pins on its back to help you align it. It's a 10-15 minutes job but the final result is worth it.
I am expecting the letters to arrive these days and then I will take care of the chrome from the windows. The final part will be the bars from the roof, I think I will wrap them or find someone to paint them.
I tried plastidip but the finish was not how I was expecting. I used this video as an example. He is using the same products as I did:

• Like 1

my badge came today but came with a weird little tube which i dont know what its for, im not new to taking badges off and putting new ones on but this has me stumped, those of you that ordered from kopaceck what did you do with yours? thanks

IMG_3435.JPEG

IMG_3436.JPEG

Just watch the above youtube video that I posted above.

Basically, after you have clean the old adesive, you will use the napkin to clean the surface and afterwards, you will break the stick and put some of that on the car surface. This is a glue primer, something like that.

Is better explained in the above video 🥂

• Like 1

Hello guys,

My "Skoda Karoq" letter have arrived from Alliexpress🫣 

The quality it's quite good except for the "SKODA" where the letter "A" is bigger than the other letters. 

I used dental floss to remove the old letters and some sticky remover to remove the old glue. 

Everything looks great beside the letter "A" which I will replace in the future(ordering another set of "KAROQ" and use that "A" which is the right size).

The price was about 10$, but the overall quality is really good.

20240229_175324.jpg

• Like 1

On 26/02/2024 at 08:53, Viorel_92 said:

Just started the chrome delete process. This is what I have done so far: badges(from Kopacek, former Superskoda) and front grill.

The prices of the badges are high but good quality.

20240225_153950.jpg

20240213_153317.jpg

Screenshot_20240226_105159_Gallery.jpg

On 29/02/2024 at 16:44, Viorel_92 said:

Hello guys,

My "Skoda Karoq" letter have arrived from Alliexpress🫣 

The quality it's quite good except for the "SKODA" where the letter "A" is bigger than the other letters. 

I used dental floss to remove the old letters and some sticky remover to remove the old glue. 

Everything looks great beside the letter "A" which I will replace in the future(ordering another set of "KAROQ" and use that "A" which is the right size).

The price was about 10$, but the overall quality is really good.

20240229_175324.jpg

I have a 21 Sportline in red and still not sure if an All Black front badge would be “Vauxhallish” but while I can find plenty of options in 90mm and 100mm, my front badge is 110mm and I can’t find that size online. Suggestions?

well i changed my badges over today, i found going in with the dental floss from the underneath the easiest, done all the steps, not sure its 100% straight but i dont think ill be able to move it or really notice out and about but it looks much better and how it show come from the factory, heres a before and after

IMG_3460yty.JPEG

IMG_3465ty.JPEG

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

30 minutes ago, jOnNYtURboFiNGaz said:

well i changed my badges over today, i found going in with the dental floss from the underneath (ie like from the bottom of the badge) the easiest, done all the steps, not sure its 100% straight but i dont think ill be able to move it or really notice out and about but it looks much better and how it show come from the factory, heres a before and after

IMG_3460yty.JPEG

IMG_3465ty.JPEG