What is the current software version?

I have just bought a September 21 Octavia IV PHEV from a main dealer.  The software versions are:

Hardware H56

Software 1804

Display Unit hardware H47

Display Unit software 2092

Navigation database 20.7

Media Codec 31.4

I suspect that these are out of date despite the Skoda promise that approved used cars will be updated to the latest software.

What are the latest versions please?

1 hour ago, RobL50 said:

I have just bought a September 21 Octavia IV PHEV from a main dealer.  The software versions are:

Hardware H56

Software 1804

Display Unit hardware H47

Display Unit software 2092

Navigation database 20.7

Media Codec 31.4

I suspect that these are out of date despite the Skoda promise that approved used cars will be updated to the latest software.

What are the latest versions please?

The current software version is 1941.  My advice, get the dealer to update it in the workshop.  They may say it will come OTA but this is not always the case, OTA updates only become available after a certain software version is installed.  If you experience infotainment "Issues" version 1941 is pretty much rock steady.  If you get SOS issues where it randomly crashes/becomes unavailable they will need to update the SOS module / MCU firmware.  If in  the UK you should still be under the manufacturer's original warranty.  Skoda-approved used car warranty does not cover software / firmware.  Map database looks to be well out of date but that's either a paid-for Skoda Connect option whereby it automatically downloads or you can do this yourself via the Skoda website and a USB-C drive.

I also bought a Skoda Approved Used car last October and despite what they tell you they hadn't updated the software.

Edited by spcdust

Thanks, that is what I suspected  I currently find that when the car is switched off it loses all the Sat Nav customisation such as favourites, home address etc.  I am awaiting an answer to this from the dealer and I will mention the software version.

I can take the one month free use of Skoda Connect to update the map version. 

The dealer queried the need for an update.  After sending them the picture of the status screen they replied by asking me to book into the workshop for an upgrade.

Having recently been taking an interest in the Cupra Formentor i joined some other forums and Facebook groups. Cupra/Seat have just released v1969 software for the Infotainment system in their vehicles but i know they have had a lot of issues with it and the fact that absolutely everything is done via it  (with no physical buttons/dials for anything)  possibly means their system runs different software to that of the Skoda unit with its few controls that are still controlled from buttons under the unit in the Octy.

Edited by WaveyDavey

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/02/2024 at 16:45, RobL50 said:

I have just bought a September 21.... 

I'm unable to find a reference to this promise, although my salesman (no longer employed) made the verbal commitment that all software etc would be up to date and confirmed that this would be done at first service.

My car is currently being serviced and I'm being charged £60 for the software / firmware update. My fear concern is that if the SOS module needs to be replaced, there will be a not insignificant financial change. 

The car is an SEL 1st Edition bought last September as Approved Used in anticipation of moving the west country within a couple of months (we ended up moving last month for such things are rarely smooth) 

Does anyone have a link or similar reference?

1 hour ago, Tom_J said:

I'm unable to find a reference to this promise, although my salesman (no longer employed) made the verbal commitment that all software etc would be up to date and confirmed that this would be done at first service.

My car is currently being serviced and I'm being charged £60 for the software / firmware update. My fear concern is that if the SOS module needs to be replaced, there will be a not insignificant financial change. 

The car is an SEL 1st Edition bought last September as Approved Used in anticipation of moving the west country within a couple of months (we ended up moving last month for such things are rarely smooth) 

They refer to it in the video, I am sure there are other videos that refer to it as well.  I bought my Skoda Approved Used Octavia (21 plate) SEL First Edition in October 2023 and it was one of the supposed "benefits".  However, like yourself, they hadn't updated the software and it was very flaky to the extent of being unreliable, fortunately, it was also still under the original 3-year manufacturer's warranty so I researched the problems, found a relevant Skoda-issued TPI, which covered some of the issues I was experiencing,  and booked it into my local dealership who updated the software to 1941 and also updated the SOS module firmware at no charge.

https://www.skoda.co.uk/used-cars/range

2 hours ago, Tom_J said:

On the Skoda used car selection each vehicle has a set of pictures.  The last picture highlights the benefit's of buying an approved used Skoda and these include fully up to date software.

My salesman also stated that it was up to date but I sent him a picture of the status screen and he agreed that it needed to be updated,

My software has been updated to day FOC.  The invoice states that it had been upgraded to 1901 but the status shows 1941.

The previous version did not save settings in the sat nav but this appears to.

3 minutes ago, RobL50 said:

On the Skoda used car selection each vehicle has a set of pictures.  The last picture highlights the benefit's of buying an approved used Skoda and these include fully up to date software.

My salesman also stated that it was up to date but I sent him a picture of the status screen and he agreed that it needed to be updated,

You jogged my memory - that's where I found it previously.  For Tom J here the images:

s_kodaplusapprovedused-digitalbackdrop-benefits-version2-1500x1000.jpg

3 hours ago, Tom_J said:

Would the SOS module not be replaced under the Approved Used Warranty?

9 minutes ago, WaveyDavey said:

Would the SOS module not be replaced under the Approved Used Warranty?

They will only replace something if it is required / faulty, not all SOS units are faulty.  Also, they now seem to have a firmware update for the ones that were a bit flaky and that seems to have sorted out the issues. My SOS module literally would crash every journey and go offline which then would cause some really weird side issues such as causing my Sat Nav (via CarPlay) to offset the position of the vehicle.  They applied the new firmware and now it's pretty rock solid.

Edited by spcdust

20 minutes ago, spcdust said:

They will only replace something if it is required / faulty, not all SOS units are faulty.  Also, they now seem to have a firmware update for the ones that were a bit flaky and that seems to have sorted out the issues. My SOS module literally would crash every journey and go offline which then would cause some really weird side issues such as causing my Sat Nav (via CarPlay) to offset the position of the vehicle.  They applied the new firmware and now it's pretty rock solid.

I meant if the SOS unit required replacing would it not be covered under the approved used warranty not just can it be replaced for no reason. 😉

Just now, WaveyDavey said:

I meant if the SOS unit required replacing would it not be covered under the approved used warranty not just can it be replaced for no reason. 😉

Fair enough😁

They certainly are avoiding replacing them physically now and are relying on the firmware update to sort out the issues.  Going back, there were cases of them replacing the SOS module but I assume that's when they hadn't figured out a firmware solution.  The ridiculous thing is Skoda Approved Used Car Warranty does not cover software or firmware updates.  As the Infotainment software wasn't updated to version 1941 as it should have been when the car was purchased it would give the buyer a lot of leverage to get that done at no charge but not so sure about the SOS module firmware if it wasn't showing signs of not functioning properly at the time of purchase.

1 minute ago, spcdust said:

Fair enough😁

They certainly are avoiding replacing them physically now and are relying on the firmware update to sort out the issues.  Going back, there were cases of them replacing the SOS module but I assume that's when they hadn't figured out a firmware solution.  The ridiculous thing is Skoda Approved Used Car Warranty does not cover software or firmware updates.  As the Infotainment software wasn't updated to version 1941 as it should have been when the car was purchased it would give the buyer a lot of leverage to get that done at no charge but not so sure about the SOS module firmware if it wasn't showing signs of not functioning properly at the time of purchase.

As well as software not being covered there’s also (In my opinion) the more important thing of it still only being a 1 year warranty when Seat, Cupra and VW have all now gone to two years approved used warranty and roadside. 

1 minute ago, WaveyDavey said:

As well as software not being covered there’s also (In my opinion) the more important thing of it still only being a 1 year warranty when Seat, Cupra and VW have all now gone to two years approved used warranty and roadside. 

its 2 years if you buy it using Skoda finance.

1 minute ago, spcdust said:

its 2 years if you buy it using Skoda finance.

I know but it’s 2 years as standard on the other marques whether you take finance or not. 😉👍🏼

Not bothered about getting finance when I can get a personal loan at half the amount of interest with my bank. 

7 minutes ago, WaveyDavey said:

I know but it’s 2 years as standard on the other marques whether you take finance or not. 😉👍🏼

Not bothered about getting finance when I can get a personal loan at half the amount of interest with my bank. 

Yep, why pay their inflated rates when your own bank will offer a far more competitive interest rate?

On 26/02/2024 at 00:32, WaveyDavey said:

Having recently been taking an interest in the Cupra Formentor i joined some other forums and Facebook groups. Cupra/Seat have just released v1969 software for the Infotainment system in their vehicles but i know they have had a lot of issues with it and the fact that absolutely everything is done via it  (with no physical buttons/dials for anything)  possibly means their system runs different software to that of the Skoda unit with its few controls that are still controlled from buttons under the unit in the Octy.

Our software releases line up (generally) with the Leon, Formentor, and Golf 8. However, sometimes cars come from the factory with versions in-between the major releases.

Volkswagen have recently released 1969 and I have read in an owners group that someone's new Octavia was delivered with 1969. So it's only a matter of time.

From all accounts 1969 is the most stable and fluid version yet. So I'm keen to see it released.

Hey folks. Just a quick thank you for helping when I hijacked the thread. All resolved satisfactorily once appropriately informed. 

1 hour ago, Tom_J said:

Hey folks. Just a quick thank you for helping when I hijacked the thread. All resolved satisfactorily once appropriately informed. 

Did you have to pay for the software upgrade in the end or did they do it for free as ultimately it should have been done when you purchased it?  Were you having any issues with the SOS module or was that all okay on your car?

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/02/2024 at 22:10, spcdust said:

The current software version is 1941.  My advice, get the dealer to update it in the workshop.  They may say it will come OTA but this is not always the case, OTA updates only become available after a certain software version is installed.  If you experience infotainment "Issues" version 1941 is pretty much rock steady.  If you get SOS issues where it randomly crashes/becomes unavailable they will need to update the SOS module / MCU firmware.  If in  the UK you should still be under the manufacturer's original warranty.  Skoda-approved used car warranty does not cover software / firmware.  Map database looks to be well out of date but that's either a paid-for Skoda Connect option whereby it automatically downloads or you can do this yourself via the Skoda website and a USB-C drive.

I also bought a Skoda Approved Used car last October and despite what they tell you they hadn't updated the software.

How do you update maps yourself? In my region, we dont get OTA updates. I tried to download the maps files from the skoda update portal but there was no sign that it was getting updated. IF you have done it, can you please explain what i am doing wrong?

9 minutes ago, darkmatterink said:

How do you update maps yourself? In my region, we dont get OTA updates. I tried to download the maps files from the skoda update portal but there was no sign that it was getting updated. IF you have done it, can you please explain what i am doing wrong?

I see you have found my thread on this.