Roomster driver side seatbelt

Hi all,

My 2014 roomster driver side seatbelt is playing up, with the locking mechanism overreacting making it hard to pull out. The amount that pulls freely is somewhat variable before the ratchet locking kicks in, I ended up having to inch it out little by little on the last trip.

Independent garage has had a look and said it needs replacing and pointed me towards scrap parts as a good solution.

I've had a bit of a look and I'm only finding a left side unit.

Does anyone know if a european right hand side one would be ok? Or does the driving side make any difference to how they fit? Or how to find the part number so I can search with that rather than relying on left/right descriptions.

Also, I've seen it said that roomsters and fabias are the same for the front section, does anyone know if I can widen my search to include a fabia seatbelts? 

Or any other advice? Thanks in advance 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that a belt from the same era Fabia would be fine.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post eBay links but here is a Roomster one that's for sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266560867553?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=0Uuw-kTuSyO&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=pjqfytt5R2q&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

14 hours ago, Quadra840AV said:

I'm pretty sure that a belt from the same era Fabia would be fine.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post eBay links but here is a Roomster one that's for sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266560867553?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=0Uuw-kTuSyO&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=pjqfytt5R2q&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Thank you, I've managed to order one through one of the parts finder sites. I appreciate your input though! I'm moving uncharacteristically swiftly on trying to get this fixed 😅

• Like 1