SOS module faulty for five months. Garage blames Ukraine.

Five months ago my Superb IV's SOS module failed. Warnings on starting, and management scheme ever since, emergency call light on, etc.. My dealer, Meadens, said it needed a new SOS module. Five months on none has been sent. Today is MoT and service, and another promise 'we'll do it at the same time' missed. Garage blames Skoda UK  and say the part isn't available due to the war in Ukraine. Can anyone confirm (or not) these are made there? Anyone else waited as long? It makes the (extended) warranty not worth the paper it's written on. And don't get me started on the 'safety recall' a year ago which they still can't do. 

Edited by Brockysuperb

• Brockysuperb changed the title to SOS module faulty for five months. Garage blames Ukraine.

I think the word bullsh1te comes to mind, given Skoda couldn’t build vehicles without the said unit. I would be calling and emailing Matthew Bowden at Skoda U.K. as he is the main Director there. Do you own, have a PCP or have the car on another form of finance?  Oddly, you have greater power if it’s on finance. 

Sadly not on finance...like the idea of a direct email. Meadens said they could only talk to their regional director...which is useless. Do you have an email address please?

14 hours ago, numskull said:

I think the word bullsh1te comes to mind, given Skoda couldn’t build vehicles without the said unit. I would be calling and emailing Matthew Bowden at Skoda U.K. as he is the main Director there. Do you own, have a PCP or have the car on another form of finance?  Oddly, you have greater power if it’s on finance. 

I presume the vehicle still performs it primary function in a safe and reliable manner and that it passed the MOT?

Do you even want an SOS module if it is so problematic? It may be possible to disconnect it and have it removed from the "Installed list" of the Canbus gateway controller, this should stop all the warnings.

If you google the issue your having but use vw instead of Skoda, it seems there was a recall or software update required.

I haven’t got SOS on mine so only briefly looked but might be better than a whole new module if it’s not actually required

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How long have you had the car because you do have consumer rights but they are dependant on timeframes. 

I bought a MkIII Superb from Meaden's last year which was faulty from the get go. I allowed them one opportunity to repair it, that failed. Meaden's tried to fob me off that it would be okay to simply drive the car with the EML on even though there was no timeframe for the fault to be resolved. Meaden's persistently refused to collect the car until I advised I would be taking legal action and then they collected it within days. I doubt I would ever buy a car from them again following my experience.