Mark 4 facelift release date !

Hello ALL.

Just PX my 2017 Superb 2lt  D manual  SEL Exec estate for a brand new Octavia 1.5 P manual  SEL HB. ( no longer do the high miles or have the dogs and prams needed for the  big estate although the HB Octavia being only 5" shorter is defiantly not a poor compromise).

I have been given a 16 week lead time for new build which take us to end of July 2024. My order was for the current pre facelift but i am aware from social media that the automotive industry journalists and testers who have already been releasing  reviews on the facelift model which i have read will be on the roads by early summer so the builds must be about to start this month.

Just wondering what folk think are my chances of  receiving one of the first face lift or will it be as ordered and last of the pre facelift out of the factory ? its going to be very close but i reckon the latter.

When I ordered my VRS last week I was advised at the time that there was a 15 week wait. Two days later salesman got in touch to say that it was getting built in 5 weeks.

I noticed on Saturday that Skoda UK are no longer taking orders for new build Octavias, it existing stock only available.

Yes. I normally use the likes of Car wow, Drive the Deal, & Motor source to price up my cars before going to the local dealer with the cheapest price for them to match.  I ordered my Octavia SEL on Wednesday the 28th February and noticed that 1 day later it was no longer available on the sites, hence my anticipation on what i will get. Dealer did say it should be pre face lift but with the dates being so close could not rule out if some parts could  be from the new  face lift !!

Not to fussy about some of the interior or mechanical stuff but would like the new front end headlights !!

I would ask dealer for screen prints / or a copy of your order from Skoda system.

My hunch is won't be getting the facelift, both the Superb and Kodiaq orders stopped about 3 months ago and  UK sales of these have been announced from June, therefore seems logical the facelifted Octavia will be nearer September, assuming same transition lead time.

Fully expecting a pre face lift as thats what I ordered, but you can always  hope. 

What ever happened to car company's releasing special editions fully.loaded with all the left over bits before a model change ! Got a few very well equipped VWs this way about 15yr ago. 

@BJBurns, i suspect that as its just a face lift they would likely share 90% of the parts.

When / if, they launch a MK5 on a new platform then i'm sure they'd be making the special editions :).

I may be wrong, but that's what i notice in general.

14 hours ago, BJBurns said:

Fully expecting a pre face lift as thats what I ordered, but you can always  hope. 

What ever happened to car company's releasing special editions fully.loaded with all the left over bits before a model change ! Got a few very well equipped VWs this way about 15yr ago. 

14 hours ago, BJBurns said:

With all the supply chain problems in recent years, they don't have left over bits at the end of a model run.

Remember they've been quietly removing some bits from the standard spec as they couldn't get the parts.

Anyone heard anything about when the F/L VRS will be open to orders?

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

Anyone heard anything about when the F/L VRS will be open to orders?

All a bit 'radio silence'

MK3 FL was announced and open almost the same day. Just an idea on UK spec and pricing would be nice.