Skoda safety recall

Last week we received a Skoda UK letter for a safety recall due to a possible miss placed heat shield in the engine compartment.

Some Superbs have suffered melted brake fluid reservoirs that hat then resulted in fires.

Could this be the plastic engine cover.

Anyone able to shed light on this.

It's as well as the engine cover - had mine done last week although nobody seemed to know exactly what or where this 'shield' was - the service desk guy blustered and bluffed his way through a word salad of an explanation when I asked if anything had been needed / changed / done.

• Groan 1

Found this on Google - Hope it helps

Not sure if mine is affected, don't know wether to wait for a letter or chase the dealer

Recall reference
R/2024/017

Recall Type
Car

Recall Date
2024-01-17

Reason for concern
On certain vehicles with electromechanical brake servo and DSG (Direct Shift Gearbox) of a limited production period there is a possibility that a heat protection mat was incorrectly fitted. In individual cases the brake fluid reservoir can melt and cause

Reason for recall
On certain vehicles with electromechanical brake servo and DSG (Direct Shift Gearbox) of a limited production period there is a possibility that a heat protection mat was incorrectly fitted. In individual cases the brake fluid reservoir can melt and cause a brake fluid leak into the engine compartment.

Remedy
A check of the installation of the heat protection mat on affected vehicles will be conducted. If necessary the correct heat shield condition will be restored and an additional heat shield installed.

How to check if the vehicle is recalled
Contact the local SKODA dealership or manufacturer. You will not need to pay for anything involving the recall.

How the manufacturer will repair
The Recalled vehicles will have the fixing checked and corrected as necessary by and official SKODA service.

SKODA Reference ID
47U5

Number of affected SKODA cars

Edited by geordiebloke

46 minutes ago, Rooted said:

@Dieselgate  Do you mean that as per the recall you took the car in to be checked?

Did you not think about asking if they did anything to your car? 

Once I heard about the recall I booked it in to be done (as I understand it the work isn't always necessary as it could have been fitted right first time?)

When they called to say the car was ready for collection I couldn't take the call but they left a message just to say it was all done and ready for collection.

As the wife picked it up instead of me I didn't get the opportunity to ask if they actually needed to do anything or not directly but assume it's all been fixed.

• Thanks 1

They will or should now have it on the Digital record as Checked and no action required then.

For future reference, maybe future keepers. 

Well lets hope so because past experiences of 'Recall Actions / Service Campaigns' can have it hit or miss. 

3 hours ago, Rooted said:

@Dieselgate  Do you mean that as per the recall you took the car in to be checked?

Did you not think about asking if they did anything to your car? 

When advised this ‘shield’ required checking I asked whereabouts it was fitted, they weren’t sure - when I collected the service desk simply said the potential problem was sorted but couldn’t tell me where or what had been done - just blustered something about ‘in accordance with Skoda instructions’……..

• Thanks 1

I had mine checked and they informed me a part needed to be ordered.

They said it was safe to drive away and they would call me back in once the part has arrived.

They're having the car on Thursday next week to 'fit' the part (I assume?)