2017 Octavia Standard Cruise Control fault

Hi there,

New forum member here and I have a query, if anyone could kindly help me. I have the standard cruise control on my 2017 Skoda Octavia 1.6 TDI and I am met by the following error message on my screen.

My cruise control is on the indicator stalk and as far as I have read, this is the standard cruise control and not the adaptive version?

I have split the stalk and cannot see anything obvious.

Many thanks in advance!

Apologies, but the picture I had tried to add has not appeared. It is the cruise control symbol, but in orange with an exclamation mark.

Thanks.

Sorry if I am missing the obvious, but I cannot see a solution there? Mine isn't intermittent also, it's a continuous fault.

Thanks

Worth investing in an ODBEleven and getting a proper code scan of the car. Post up the code of what the car is complaining about and Then we can advise.

7 minutes ago, varaderoguy said:

Worth investing in an ODBEleven and getting a proper code scan of the car. Post up the code of what the car is complaining about and Then we can advise.

or if anyone doesn.t want/need the  the full expense/functionality of ODBeleven and just wants a simple/cheap generic system that will read/clear fault codes get a dongle like this for between £20-£25 and use a the free version of Car Doctor

1 minute ago, Winston_Woof said:

or if anyone doesn.t want/need the  the full expense/functionality of ODBeleven and just wants a simple/cheap generic system that will read/clear fault codes get a dongle like this for between £20-£25 and use a the free version of Car Doctor

There is a reason why I state either genuine VCDS or Odbeleven dongles....these are products that have a lot of development and extra functions over/above a standard generic dongle. Especially useful if you are trying to do diagnostics and actuation of tests on your car. I know the MK3's are now getting into the territory of being more valued for money vehicles, but if you want to keep the cars longer term, then it is worth investing in the correct tools to keep them going. Especially if you are planning to do your own maintenance on them.

Sure...if you want to read codes, any odb2 scanner can do this.

I had an intermittent 'fault' with my cruise control when I first got the car. It turned out that if you move the switch too slowly when turning it on it will generate a fault. I even took it to the dealer and he recreated the fault on another car. I flick the switch across quicker now and haven't had a problem since.

Thanks to all who replied. By way if an update, I have fixed the fault!

I decided the pop the steering wheel off and take a look, which revealed a broken wire! I soldered it back together and voilà, I now have cruise control!

IMG-20240320-WA0012.thumb.jpeg.823838d95fa59b2630ff99cd21f0d5e2.jpegIMG-20240320-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.4067083b6be76eae1a65ba15d85fb87d.jpeg

• Like 4