Error: Cooling System. Workshop!

I've just had this error message come up on my 2021 Skoda Superb iV.  It is a company car and I am trying to get it sorted but apparently my local Skoda dealer (Parks of Hamilton) say they are not able to fix it!  Has anyone else encountered this issue?  And do they know what causes it?

Thanks in advance.

Error Cooling System.jpg

Edited by Robster59

?

What is Parks of Hamilton / Skoda's issue with fixing it.  Lack of a time slot or trained / qualified techs?   

Best avoided anyway.    Henrys Glasgow then.  Have they got EV / PHEV techs available?

25 minutes ago, Robster59 said:

Skoda dealer (Parks of Hamilton) say they are not able to fix it! 

Brilliant service… My “Local” main dealer (a mere 50 mile round trip) couldn’t fix a wheel sensor for 2 months.  

There are 4 large Dealership groups in Scotland.

Arnold Clark own the Colleges for training Technicians. https://gtg.co.uk/about

Parks have multiple Brands of Dealerships, as do others.

Not enough Technicians to Service & Maintain Electrified cars. Make them safe to work on.   Yet they keep on supplying EV,s and PHEV,s, some with known issues.

As to Parks & especially Parks Skoda in Hamilton.  There used to be Gordon is a Moron prowling the showroom telling customers total b0llocks.

eg 1 liter oil used in 600 miles being within the acceptable useage.  Special Spark Plugs leave them 65,000 miles.  Many a twincharger engine died. 

Edited by Rooted

I had similar on my old Roomster after I swapped the coolent. A big air bubble came out and made the reservoir drop. So in my case it was just a top up.
So what did your temp gauge show ?  Does the heater run hot and is the coolent reservoir still above Min ?   They are all the obvious things to comment on.

Is it an EV from reading the comments ?

It is a Plug in Hybrid / 1.4 TSI.  Known issues, TPI covering them. 

Only the trained technicians can work on them. Make the electrified system safe.   That is the issue, even if anything wrong is minor. 

• Like 2

Apparently ( from another recent- ish post) the battery and electronics system has its own separate coolant system which uses a different coolant to the petrol engine, and its meant to be sealed - at least to keep owners out.  EV Trained techs only - as Rooted already said

Edited by Shuggyboatsuperb

29 minutes ago, Shuggyboatsuperb said:

and its meant to be sealed - at least to keep owners out

In that photo it does appear to have a similar sealing loop to an electric meter. That red sealing tab on the wire loop.

1 hour ago, Shuggyboatsuperb said:

Apparently ( from another recent- ish post) the battery and electronics system has its own separate coolant system which uses a different coolant to the petrol engine, and its meant to be sealed - at least to keep owners out.  EV Trained techs only - as Rooted already said

This appears to be the problem. I had a VW AA call out on the car as it is a company car and the engineer said both the petrol and electric cooling systems are leaking. The big issue apparently is with the high voltage system. He advised I mustn't drive the car until it is fixed. Parks of Hamilton do not have the necessary technology to do the work, and the lease company don't actually have an agreement with the other Skoda dealers in Glasgow. I've been given a date of 24th of April as the earliest it can be done and that is it at Ingram's in Ayr. I've now kicked up a stink with the fleet management company about this.

@Robster59  Is it out of manufacturers warranty?  Even if it is it is a Safety Matter, car off the road. Skoda / VW UK and an Authorised repairer is what is needed.

It will still be a while. There are no techs available.

24th April sounds reasonable.

But are they actually even starting to look then @ Ingrams Ayr?   Quite possibly not. 

Parks Skoda Hamilton and Parks anyplace have the technology, just not the employees. 

Edited by Rooted
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rooted said:

There are 4 large Dealership groups in Scotland.

Arnold Clark own the Colleges for training Technicians. https://gtg.co.uk/about

Parks have multiple Brands of Dealerships, as do others.

Not enough Technicians to Service & Maintain Electrified cars. Make them safe to work on.   Yet they keep on supplying EV,s and PHEV,s, some with known issues.

As to Parks & especially Parks Skoda in Hamilton.  There used to be Gordon is a Moron prowling the showroom telling customers total b0llocks.

eg 1 liter oil used in 600 miles being within the acceptable useage.  Special Spark Plugs leave them 65,000 miles.  Many a twincharger engine died. 

Parks is not my favourite. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

13 hours ago, Rooted said:

Just get a nice Courtesy car.  VW Group have the fleet. 

VW Group UK should not sell vehicles that their Dealerships approved by them can not maintain. 

I agree totally and have written a letter to them saying this very thing.  If a dealership sells these cars, they should also have the equipment to service and repair them.   I bet they will say that it is up to the dealer to make the servicing arrangements. 

It's not helped by the fact that there are three Skoda dealerships in the Glasgow area, and my lease company only deals with one of them.  But I've contacted our fleet management people to give them a kick as waiting 3 weeks is a joke.  And my company has to pay for the hire car till this happens, which the fleet comany are also not happy about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Rooted said:

@Robster59  Is it out of manufacturers warranty?  Even if it is it is a Safety Matter, car off the road. Skoda / VW UK and an Authorised repairer is what is needed.

It will still be a while. There are no techs available.

24th April sounds reasonable.

But are they actually even starting to look then @ Ingrams Ayr?   Quite possibly not. 

Parks Skoda Hamilton and Parks anyplace have the technology, just not the employees. 

I was told by the Service Deparment in Parks of Hamilton they actually don't have the equipment to do this type of work.

• Thanks 1
  • Crying 1

They just say any old stuff.  If their lips move it could be a lie or stupidity. 

They say VW502 00 is not Full Synthetic and can not even be used for Fixed Service Intervals with TSI.s.   

Then did Service offers, Bronze, Silver, Gold or whatever and wrongly used 5w 40 FS VW502 00 even when the cars were going Variable / Flexible service intervals.

The story about Twinchargers & DQ200,s and their incompetence has been posted on here in the past. 

They are really unbelievable.

870001910_Screenshot2023-01-0913_33_56.jpg.1f280cf19f68232da039c11a127bd6d9.jpg.a02b7415a1d5cff37ee0c9d7500d24af.jpg.b26ae1b79efb9a644618f03f79d1fbb3.jpg

Edited by Rooted

28 minutes ago, Rooted said:

They just say any old stuff.  If their lips move it could be a lie or stupidity. 

Well I must say I had an open mind - until yr 4 service recently at dealers.   
Knowing myself that I will be doing my own routine servicing from year 5 once out of warranty, aware of the Skoda UK change to cambelt schedule (ie no need to change every 5 years irrespective of mileage) and also aware that my Superb is used almost excusively for long steady runs ( mostly 160 miles at a time) only about 8k miles a year - I asked the service desk purely out of interest as an option in future what they currently charge for a cambelt/ water pump change on a diesel -   The answer was “995 pounds and we still recommend getting it done every 5 years “ -  
Really ? ?