Front lights replacement

Hello, I want to ask, I'm going to change the lights on a Skoda mk2 for a black version, I noticed that they only have one h7 bulb and a bixenon projector. The original has two h7 bulbs. One in the projector and one for the high beams. I want to ask if I will need any module or cabling and if it will work at all?. Or some advice on how to improve the lights on the car. (Or just a maximum better H7)or it won't work and I have two lamps for sale?🙃 Thank you 

IMG_20240417_133856.jpg

IMG_20240417_133907.jpg

IMG_20240417_134247.jpg

Posted (edited)

I know that myself that black is a color that absorbs light. For me, it's more about the fact that I like the black style ... I know that there were earlier discussions about HID sets, but at the most, if it's not possible otherwise, better bulbs, just in case someone came up with something new 😎 ... I have a bigger problem with you in exchange if it is possible?does anyone have it or tried it.

Edited by ColinD
dropping non english text

25 minutes ago, Willmond said:

I like the black style ... I know that there were earlier discussions about HID sets, but at the most, if it's not possible otherwise, better bulbs, just in case someone came up with something new

Paint them over with black paint and drive stylishly in stealth mode.

Posted (edited)

So I have the lights at home. I'm definitely not going to take apart the old lights and paint them and stuff like that. I just want some help and not lessons about how it's bad and how it can't be done. or that I should stick wallpaper from B&Q on it. 🙈 I don't want to be a stylish guy, I just want to have a car according to some vision of mine like half of this forum.👍🏻

Edited by ColinD

14 hours ago, Willmond said:

I like the black style

9 hours ago, Willmond said:

I don't want to be a stylish guy,

That must be an internal conflict.

9 hours ago, Willmond said:

I just want to have a car according to some vision of mine

Severely restricted vision if you go for it.

Posted (edited)

I didn't know that I came to the wrong forum and I'm seeing a psychologist 🙈😁 who is analyzing my diagnosis 🙃 so maybe I'm weird but you'll understand me one day or maybe in the second life 😁 when you grow up watching Chip Foose, West Coast Customs and similar shows😎

Edited by ColinD
  • Like 1

I have projector headlights on my car and the light output is terrible. Thankfully, I seldom have to drive in the countryside after dark. Most of my driving after dark is in the city.

Projector headlamp.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Okay, thanks for the tip 👍🏻 I'll try to write to him, I've already contacted: ruida_silva because I found a discussion where something similar was dealt with. So I'll let you know if I made it to the winning final.

Edited by ColinD

Posted (edited)

yes, I also have projectors and it's sad that Skoda invented it like this on the mk2 version. Everyone hates those lights and that's why everyone is looking for side paths and people are trying to put HID kits and leds there. At that time, matrix led and similar technologies did not exist yet.

Edited by ColinD

It’s NOT a plug and play swap, the single H7 projectors use a shutter controlled by a relay within the headlamp for the main beam operation. There is also a difference in how the feed gets to the dash to illuminate the main beam indicator.

for me, adjusting / setting the headlights at the highest setting possible on a beam setter (for MOT) and fitting a better bulb is an easier solution and does significantly improve the lights……….however if your determined on the “black” look, then you will be messing with wiring diagrams etc to get them to work correctly.

Edited by UrbanPanzer

Posted (edited)

I'm confused because I'm writing with one forum user and he says that it's to be replaced...but I can't blink when I don't have the lights on.

IMG_20240418_215925.jpg

Edited by ColinD

Posted (edited)

Hey, the lights on the car and no problem with it looks better and more modern 👍🏻 whoever wants it, don't be afraid. Special thanks to the guy with the nickname: ruida_silva 😎

IMG_20240418_215925.jpg

Edited by ColinD

• Administrators

@Willmond I've removed the non english quoted replies. There is no need to quote, translate to your native tongue then post the trnslated replies. For one we're not sure what the text is trnsaltated to, ie it might be advertising something. We can't check and translate every post. Happy for you to post in your native tongue with a translation if it's difficult to explain. Hope this helps.