Quick wheel check/advice

scurab

Hi guys, 

I'm looking for a used superb for myself. 
I found quite nice one, 6k miles, 2023 superb estate (skoda approved). 
I've had a test drive around 1hr, breaking quite nice and sensitive. Looking at the photos today, the rust and the "marks" specially on the front disc little bit surprised me though.
I'm not experienced in cars in general. Would any one please have a look at the photos and tell me if it's expected for a 1yr old car with 6k miles?
And potentially what are some good tips to check for a superb in similar age/milage ?

Thank you

IMG20240427143852.jpg

IMG20240427143858.jpg

1 hour ago, scurab said:

if it's expected for a 1yr old car with 6k miles?

With that low mileage the rust (which always forms) won't have had much opprotunity to be worn off, so I would say perfectly normal and OK.

• Like 3

thanks a lot guys.
@Paws4Thot
I'm aware of the ad for 2 - 3 weeks.
I wouldn't necessary trust the "few weeks" what I was told...

Is there an easy way to clean it by myself ?
I assume that the disc itself is just matter of time of enough breaking, but that other part (maybe wheel hub) ?

The rusty part in the pics is what attaches the disc to the hub. They all rust. You can rub them down with a flap wheel or even a wire brush and spray them if it really bothers you.

Other option is to tell the dealer you want them to sort it.

8 hours ago, scurab said:

thanks a lot guys.
@Paws4Thot
I'm aware of the ad for 2 - 3 weeks.
I wouldn't necessary trust the "few weeks" what I was told...

Is there an easy way to clean it by myself ?
I assume that the disc itself is just matter of time of enough breaking, but that other part (maybe wheel hub) ?

The friction surface is a "be aware" but should be cleaned by a 1 mile urban drive with stops. The disc hub is purely cosmetic and they really do "all do that" rather than it being a line. Remember our wallets are not attached to the car in question from either side!

On 28/04/2024 at 13:24, scurab said:

Hi guys, 

I'm looking for a used superb for myself. 
I found quite nice one, 6k miles, 2023 superb estate (skoda approved). 
I've had a test drive around 1hr, breaking quite nice and sensitive. Looking at the photos today, the rust and the "marks" specially on the front disc little bit surprised me though.
I'm not experienced in cars in general. Would any one please have a look at the photos and tell me if it's expected for a 1yr old car with 6k miles?
And potentially what are some good tips to check for a superb in similar age/milage ?

Thank you

IMG20240427143852.jpg

IMG20240427143858.jpg

The rust isn't an issue, but those grooves on the disk strike me as unusual on a car with only 6K miles, if not particular cause for concern.

image.thumb.png.1f2d17bd52f295d4108f4c26880e9bed.png

Lots of cars even only 6 months old have discs looking like that. Location location location. How or if roads are gritted / salted.  What grit is used. That grit can be tougher than thc crappy discs on Skoda / VW group vehicles.  Or Stelantis, BMW / MINI and others.   Common denominator,   European car manufacturers.     Cheap parts, sometimes poorer than aftermarket cheap parts that do not corrode for the fun of it. 

• Like 1