L&K Shock Absorbers

Hi guys, I have a 2018 2.0 petrol L&K and the front shock absorbers are done. My local garage had hoped to source them but they're coming up blank and saying it has to be main dealer to get the parts.

Is there any aftermarket option available where I could just replace the front two shockers, or do I have to just suck it up and pay OEM price (anyone know a rough cost)?

Thanks 

As above, I’d fit the bilstein B6. I have them on mine and they completely change the entire drive and handling of the car.  
The OEM monroe’s are terrible. 

I just ordered the OEM Monroe from Autodoc for £120 each. I'll be happy with them if they last another 65k miles. Once I do the DCC slider mod then that will sort most of my concerns with it feeling so underdamped. I believe the shocks themselves are the same as those on the GOLF GTI and R, the soggy Superb is down to software mostly. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

the OEM DCC Monroe shocks r brilliant IF u've done the DCC Slider mod and the DCC re-calibration.

way way cheaper than aftermarket shocks, u retain the integration with other systems in the car, and u get a much much better ride and comfort, even with 19s 🙂

as @MarkyTDI indicated, it is the software parameter file that makes a world of difference.

APR offer a SCU (suspension control unit) which essentially does the same thing as the DCC Slider Mod, but it costs 10-15x more and they replace the entice DCC module with one of theirs.

the DCC Slider Mod takes the suspension parameters from the Arteon, and loads it into the DCC Module. 

the issue with the bilstein damptronic shocks is that their valve can't control both rebound and compression, whereas the OEM shocks does both.

mine r still on original factory DCC shocks, which have been paired with Eibach Pro-kit springs for 5+ yrs now.

i did the DCC slider mod about 2 yrs ago now.

PXL_20240228_0154070902.thumb.jpg.dc6e09a1b2a9c65e9c9eb8381fd91d95.jpg

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1

Seems to be a weak area to the Superb.

I know plenty of ppl the superb 3s that have had broken springs and issues with shocks like misting and leaks, and too replace these on the L&K they cost a fortune due to them being adaptive controlled. 

Posted (edited)
On 23/05/2024 at 00:06, MarkyTDI said:

I just ordered the OEM Monroe from Autodoc for £120 each. I'll be happy with them if they last another 65k miles. Once I do the DCC slider mod then that will sort most of my concerns with it feeling so underdamped. I believe the shocks themselves are the same as those on the GOLF GTI and R, the soggy Superb is down to software mostly. 

Thanks for the responses guys, I've been out of the game for a while.

Looking at Marky's post and some other links in here it looks like it's these dampers for the front: C2516S MONROE Shock absorber Front Axle, Gas Pressure, Electronically adjustable shock strength, Suspension Strut, Top pin, Bottom Clamp ▷ AUTODOC price and review

I was under the impression the DCC shocks were many hundreds of pounds. If these are a straight replacement for OEM DCC I'll be a happy bunny.

Edited by Larry_D

1 hour ago, Larry_D said:

Thanks for the responses guys, I've been out of the game for a while.

Looking at Marky's post and some other links in here it looks like it's these dampers for the front: C2516S MONROE Shock absorber Front Axle, Gas Pressure, Electronically adjustable shock strength, Suspension Strut, Top pin, Bottom Clamp ▷ AUTODOC price and review

I was under the impression the DCC shocks were many hundreds of pounds. If these are a straight replacement for OEM DCC I'll be a happy bunny.

I was told by skoda if you have an L&K you need the 'special' type of shocks that are adapted and electronically adjust with the mode?

5 hours ago, MP74 said:

I was told by skoda if you have an L&K you need the 'special' type of shocks that are adapted and electronically adjust with the mode?

There is no "special" DCC shocks for L&K.  It's the same DCC used across all models, if equipped.

It's the same used with VW, Audi, & Seat.

Shocks will either have the electronic valve (DCC) or not (standard).

10 hours ago, MP74 said:

Thats right, and they also come with a “special” Skoda dealer price too…🙄

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, numskull said:

Thats right, and they also come with a “special” Skoda dealer price too…🙄

I found that I can buy these at 150EUR per piece front and 160EUR back. So it's not that bad.

6 minutes ago, xess said:

I found that I can buy these at 150EUR per piece front and 160EUR back. So it's not that bad.

Great. I have no idea what the costs from a dealer in the U.K. would be, but I’d estimate it’d be 25-50% more than an independent supplier for the same unit.