Creaking!!!!

Has anyone else had a problem with the driver or pasenger seat creaking? It is driving me mad and got worse since the garage" fixed it"

The creak seems to come from the left underneath of the seat or near there.

The car has been in once and the have messed while I was there once. still no joy.

I also don't understand why they need to drive 4 miles to fix it !!!

I know that similar problems have been talked about in Fabias in the past but I thought they may have sorted it for the new Octy VRS.

Only noise from passenger side I've managed to figure out is the seatbelt buckle knocking against the interior trim. I'm thinking of taping something soft there to deaden it.

Not had any creaking that I'm aware of.

Not creaking, but it sounds as if I have a canary trapped in the back somewhere behind the drivers seat, occasional squeaking which I can't tie down to anything in particular. Looks like I need a passenger to crawl around in the back for a few miles!

I have the same problem. Yes its a pain in the a@se and its not something you expect on a brand new car. I first noticed after my wife moved the seat back and adjusted the lumbar support. I have tried to locate the source but havn't found out what the problem is yet.

Has anyone else had a problem with the driver or pasenger seat creaking? It is driving me mad and got worse since the garage" fixed it"

The creak seems to come from the left underneath of the seat or near there.

The car has been in once and the have messed while I was there once. still no joy.

I also don't understand why they need to drive 4 miles to fix it !!!

I know that similar problems have been talked about in Fabias in the past but I thought they may have sorted it for the new Octy VRS.

Does the seat rock backwards & forwards slightly now? If so it's likely to be the same problem as the MK4 Golf had, and will possibly need a new seat base! Had this fault on MK4 Golf, Bora & SWMBO's Fabia:( ! Not just Skoda that needed to sort it, but VW group! Now have a creaking & rocking seat in my vRS!

SWMBO says I need to cut down on the pork pies! That doesn't explain why her seat needed fixing however:rofl:

Only noise from passenger side I've managed to figure out is the seatbelt buckle knocking against the interior trim. I'm thinking of taping something soft there to deaden it.

Not had any creaking that I'm aware of.

I got a set of those seat belt pads from the recent GB, stopped my passenger side buckle from tapping the trim.

I have a squeak in the boot, which I have tracked down to a weak spring on the "carrier bag" holder on the left upper side of the boot, need to get time to get to the dealer to get it replaced

• 1 month later...

I have the same creaking from my drivers seat on my Octy 2 4x4, and it has been driving me mad as it comes and goes asand when it feels like it. I have a simular problem near the glovebox area, it is almost like the glovebox door rattles, but i have held this down tight but the rattle was still evident?

Any ideas?

The Octy MKI, I had had a new seat base fitted under warrenty as the thing used to creak annoyingly.

The garage greased it up and tried that, which worked for about a week, but then came back. They then changed the whole seat base and touch wood it has been ok since.

Sounds fairly similar to this tbh.

My seat was creaking on Sunday but I moved it forward and back again which seemed to stop it. We'll have to see.

The passenger belt buckle is a bit annoying, gonna have to find a way to sort that out.

• 3 months later...
Plenty Of Rattles. Sounds Like The Rear Seat Backs Are Loose. ****ed Off With The Car. Spend 18500k On A Bag Of Donkey ****e.

Sorry to hear it. No rattles or squeaks now I've had my seat fixed.

Was prepared to take it back and complain if there was.