Skip to content

Car juddering during acceleration

Featured Replies

I have a 2012 skoda superb 2.0l tdi DSG.

The issue is when accelerating I get a judder around 1600rpm. It is nearly like I am hitting the rev limiter, the revs will bounce and struggle to rise and you can feel a judder through the whole car.

You notice most in 3rd or 4th but it does happen in all gears.

It goes away after driving for a while, not just enough to get engine warm but 20-30 minutes. And strangely after problem goes away like that the next day the problem still won't be there but will come back after a few short journeys.

I plugged in a obd and no faults showing.

I did try record live data and use chat gpt a bit but I'm not convinced by it, at one point it referred to car as a BMW.

Some things that came from live data

Fuel pressure specified and actual seemed to track well

EGR similar

Air mass seemed to have a difference in specified vs actual, and charge air pressure also had a difference.

I took it to a mechanic who thinks it's a gearbox issue, and advised taking it to a gearbox specialist, he kind of said the turbo could be showing issues because the engine management is seeing issues with gearbox and so pulls back on the turbo.

I'm not so sure because of charge readings but looking for any advice from people on here.

Any better ways to confirm issue?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.