Skip to content

MK4 2021 Octavia RS back climate control rattle/buzz noise

Featured Replies

Hello everyone!

I am long time lurker, this is my first post. I own a 2021 MK4 Skoda Octavia RS and I love it, but some things are annoying my autistic brain, mainly - rattles and interior random noises XD

But ok, I managed to identify main culprits and solve the issues to somewhat satisfactory extend, but one kept on bugging me, until my buddy finally identified the culprit: the back seats vent controls. At higher speeds on highways (which are fairly good in Croatia, regarding the surface quality) this thing produces a high pitched rattle/buzzing noise, it is kinda hard to describe it, but imagine having a coin on a metal surface that is vibrating at high frequency. So he identified it and moved it and then it stopped. Then I tried it the next day and it worked, but I can't find a permanent solution, so I am asking you if anyone has any ideas?

I do have felt tape, silicone spray and white grease spray (lithium grease), should I perhaps first try with small amounts of grease on the plastic joints and contact areas?

Thanks,

image.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.